Military Families

Featured Posts
tabithalenora
wow, decision by thursday!!
September 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM

so my huby has to decide by thursday if he is going to reinlist or not. If he does we will go to ft. riley, if he doesnt we will go to MO for him to train to be a police officer. no matter what im 100% behind his decision but he wants me to make it for him!!! he hate being in the army and wants out, but we are so in debt and backed up on so many bills hes considering staying in. On the other hand he really wants to go to MO and be a cop. he wouldnt make as much money but he would be happier, hes been doing this for about ten years and i dont htnk he can take much more of it here. i think if we were to be stationed anywhere but ft. bliss he might be happier. but i dont want to take the chance at him being miserable anymore. i love my husband and will do anything for him but i refuse to make this decision for him. not sure what to tell him tonight......sorry more of a vent

Replies

• 4ever-SJ
    September 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    Is the police job a sure thing?
  • chrlstoncharmed
    September 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Will you be able to survive financially while he's at the police academy? 

• Apollos82
    September 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM
    If you have lots of debt, I would stay, personally. Debt can damage his chance of getting a police job, in some cases.
  • usmclife58
    September 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

If he absolutely refused to actually make the decision, I would tell him to flip a coin.

• cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    September 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    I wouldn't get out in this economy with a 100% sure thing job.
  • chrlstoncharmed
    September 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Yep. The job search ain't pretty! Aside from that, police officers don't make jack shit (unless you live in Vegas). In Houston, they make right around $30-grand a year. Ha! No, thanks.

Quoting cocoroo:

• cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    September 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    Damn, that's it? I hear they make a lot in Alaska, but the COL is high there also.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Yep. The job search ain't pretty! Aside from that, police officers don't make jack shit (unless you live in Vegas). In Houston, they make right around $30-grand a year. Ha! No, thanks.

Quoting cocoroo:

• gabrielsmommy2
    September 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    Girl, speaking as someone who was in your shoes in October of 2009, tell him that you feel that he should stay in because of the way the jobs are....my husband got out and then decided to join the reserves and didn't have a job till he deployed with his reserve unit....he had a job offer while he was deployed and we moved to Tennessee.....so, if he wants you to make the decision for him, tell him to stay in...
  • adrianna1043
    September 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    I'm a psychic, my intuitive response is stay in.
  • jas_momof2
    September 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Wait a sec...  He wants you to decide his career path for him??

Military Families

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts