Cafe AmyB
Welcome Aboard the Military Moms Group! Introduce Yourself.....
January 10, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Welcome to Military Moms!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To share a little more about yourself, add your special days to our group calendar:
Add your Birthday and Anniversary to our Group Calendar!

To add a Military Moms signature to your posts, click here: 
Military Moms Signatures

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me or any of our Mods a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself.

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy the Group!

Cafe Amy

Here is a link to the last Welcome/intro post:
"Welcome Aboard" the  Military Moms Group...please introduce yourself

If you signed in on the intro post above, please feel free to sign into this new one too!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Replies

• momtoJBandL
    November 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Hi, my name is Becky.  My husband  has been in the Navy for 6 years.  We are at the end of our sea duty and heading to shore duty.  Very excited for a break from deployments and workups!  We have 3 wonderful children:  Jack-5, Ben-3 and Lorelei-3 months.

• Bernat228
    November 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Hello My name is Cintia. My husband has been at bootcamp for the last two weeks for the Navy. This is all very new to me and has been a bit of a shock. We have been together for five years and now i am expecting but he doesnt know yet. Im not sure where he will be stationed and ofcourse have MANY questions about how all this works. 

• DianeLH
    by DianeLH
    November 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Hi!

I just joined this site. I have been looking for support groups since my son is deploying next month and it is his first deployment. The closer it gets the harder it is getting. He will be at a FOB with no showers, toilets, or cook. Very smal FOB. When I found this out all kinds of things went through my mind.  All I can say is it is getting more difficult as it gets closer. He will be home for a visit in a few weeks and i need to get my head straight before he gets here. I don't want him to know how worried I really am. Any suggestions? I have a ton of questions....

• kfrap
    by kfrap
    November 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Hi Im Kristen and am 27with a 2 month old son. My husband is in the Army and is currently deployed to Afghanistan. He isinfantry with the 101st. Ive moved back to my hometown while my husband is deployed and have found that none of my old friends seem to understand where I am in my life right now. Im looking for some friends that understand being a mom and an army wife and the stresses of doing both during a deployment. Would lov to find local moms to get together with.

• redheadbluesoul
    November 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Hello.  I joined this group hoping that wives of veterans were invited.  Is this true?  

• Currymel
    December 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM

One day, I had ventured into this group by mistake.

Got blasted, but I understood once it was explained.

I just wanted to wish a Very Happy Holidays to all those with family members in the Armed Forces. Thank God, my "adopted-not legally, just by love" daughter will be fully home in about another week after being deployed for almost a year.

May God hold each & every one of you in His arms during this difficult time.

Please also send them a big THANK YOU from Niagara Falls, USA. Home of the 107th & 914th.

• mabearof6
    December 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Howdy Ya'll!   We've been Active Duty Army for many years, in fact DH is getting his retirement packet together (scary & exciting)  We have 6 kids, 4 of which are now teenagers.  He is currently an ROTC instructor so we are living right outside of Indy.  He is gone all week long and only home on weekends. 

• Cafe MichelleP
    December 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM

You are absolutely welcome. We are a military families group. We have moms of service men and women, wives and servicewomen in the group as well.

Quoting redheadbluesoul:

Hello.  I joined this group hoping that wives of veterans were invited.  Is this true?  

• monicac66
    December 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

HI! MY NAME IS MONICA AND I HAVE 2 CHILDREN IN THE ARMY. MY SON JAMES IS STATIONED IN GERMANY AND WILL BE DEPLOYING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN JUNE TO AFGHANISTAN. MY DAUGHTER MIMI JUST SWORE IN YESTERDAY AND WILL BE LEAVING FOR BASIC IN FEBRUARY TO FORT JACKSON. IM A NERVOUS WRECK FOR MY SON, IM JUST LOOKING FOR OTHER MILITARY MOMS WHO CAN RELATE TO ALL THE EMOTIONS AND ISSUES OF BEING A ARMY MOM

• Allmermommy12
    December 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • Hello Ladies! My name is Stacy & I am 27 years old. I am a military wife to a wonderful Seabee in the United States Navy. We are stationed in California. We have 6 wonderful children. One is biologically mine & the other 5 are my amazing step children. I am mainly a housewife & also own a small bounce house business called Kids Gone Wild Jumpers. We have 3 furbabies also. Two cats named Tigger & Mochachinno. Also a wonderful little 5 pound Chi named Gypsy. My favorite color is pink & I love glitter :) I have a bad addiction to nailpolish and own over 90 bottles and counting. I have several hobbies that include sewing,reading,baking and scrapbooking. I am here for advice & to meet some new lovely friends. Have a great day friends =] =] =]
This post is locked, so you can't reply.