New York Moms

SamMom912
Question about PA
February 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I am not trying be be disrespectful. I mean no offense. 

I was curious if PA is something you can collect forever... Or is like unemployment? Is there a time limit or requirement? 

I just dont know anything aout it, and i read a lot of posts about people bashing people which i dont really understand... So i figured this was a safe group to ask. 

Thanks..and again, no dosrespect meant at all... 

Replies

• SamMom912
    February 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM

BUMP!

• SamMom912
    February 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Hmmm, i didnt bump this. That is freaking weird! 

• Mom2jngnc
    February 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I am not sure. 

I think it varies County to County. 

• whitewinterose
    February 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    I think it varies.
  • lady-J-Rock
    February 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM

food stamps you can. Medicaid you can. as long as you qualify. Tanf you have to either be working or going through their job training and then fill out x amount of applications and if you don't find a job they give you one. Usually working at  food banks,senior citizen homes, salvation army, cleaning setting tables. sorting donated goods. even after they give you  job you're still required to fill out applications and go to their job training. I have known people who said f it that's too much work, and went and got a real job.

• Jillysmom
    February 7, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    Out here (unless its changed) once your children turn 5 and they are in school you have to work a minimum of 20 hours a week to collect.
  • Jennifair
    Jen
    February 7, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Also you can only get temp assitance (which is tanf) for 60 months total. 

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

food stamps you can. Medicaid you can. as long as you qualify. Tanf you have to either be working or going through their job training and then fill out x amount of applications and if you don't find a job they give you one. Usually working at  food banks,senior citizen homes, salvation army, cleaning setting tables. sorting donated goods. even after they give you  job you're still required to fill out applications and go to their job training. I have known people who said f it that's too much work, and went and got a real job.

• powow65
    by powow65
    Kim
    February 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    No. (some people CAN "scam the system") but for "FS" can be a bit longer (not a life time!) but "cash assistance" I think either 3 to 4years.

No it's a system to "help people" when either no job, homeless, or ("baby machine" no offense) or teens needing help. (I am not trying to offend.)
  • Cecelia712
    February 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    Thats odd it variez by county. I could understand state but county seems crazy. A lot of extrs work for county government.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I am not sure. 

I think it varies County to County. 

• elwalters77
    February 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    I have no idea either.

New York Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to