New York Moms

Jillysmom
How would you do it? Answers in red
February 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I just got an invitation for someone having a birthday party for a 6 year old. invitation made me think a little bit.
So a question for all of you.
how early do you mail invitations out for a 5 to 7 year old birthday with no one coming from out of state?
how many days before the party do you want an RSVP?
I'll post with this invitation called for a little later.

Ok so it was my sister and the birthday is for my nephew and she mailed them out 7 weeks in advance.She wants the RSVP's by 4 weeks prior. (its a birthday party not a wedding) I would understand if she was having a party at somewhere like a catering hall,even Chuck e Cheese but its not its in the house with only a handful of kids invited. It's not even like she is getting a bounce house or clown, nothing that needs advance notice. Weird or just me?

Replies

• Mom2jngnc
    February 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM

no more than 2 weeks, and even then I don't expect most people to really RSVP

• Jillysmom
    February 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    Very interesting

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

no more than 2 weeks, and even then I don't expect most people to really RSVP

• Mom2jngnc
    February 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM

i usually want the rsvp by Thursday before the event. that gives me friday to shop

• January1964
    February 6, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I send out the invites one month in advance. I want an RSVP one week before the party.

• lady-J-Rock
    February 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM

my kids get sent out a month in advance. 

• Emschick38
    Ali
    February 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I usually send them out about a month in advance. Since we dont ever invite more than 6-8 kids i dont often worry about RSVP

• SamMom912
    February 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM

4 weeks invite goes out... And depending in the venue (location) anywhere from a week to 3 days before for rsvp. 

For my sons first birthday at restaurant we sent out invite 7 weeks in advance with rsvp 2 weeks before as restauant needed head count by x day to order food. It is also typically a busy time of year for people... So i wanted lots of notice. 

• lish2127
    February 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    Most of the invites we have received are anywhere from 2-4 weeks ahead. Usually with the rsvp a week to 3 days before the event. Personally I'm last minute and get them out about 2 weeks ahead with rsvp wed before the weekend party. For my son's 7th bday I put the rsvp date Wed and still got calls on Fri with the party on Sat.
  • Kimmiky
    by Kimmiky
    February 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM

We just got invited to a party in about a week in a half . . . So I'll have two paydays and weekends to shop for a gift.  I think that is a reasonable amount of time.

• robynjavan7104
    February 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    invitations Usually go out 2-3 weeks before but I usually tell people about it about a month before.
    I usually don't expect people to rsvp.

New York Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts