New York Moms

Jillysmom
How would you do it? Answers in red
February 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I just got an invitation for someone having a birthday party for a 6 year old. invitation made me think a little bit.
So a question for all of you.
how early do you mail invitations out for a 5 to 7 year old birthday with no one coming from out of state?
how many days before the party do you want an RSVP?
I'll post with this invitation called for a little later.

Ok so it was my sister and the birthday is for my nephew and she mailed them out 7 weeks in advance.She wants the RSVP's by 4 weeks prior. (its a birthday party not a wedding) I would understand if she was having a party at somewhere like a catering hall,even Chuck e Cheese but its not its in the house with only a handful of kids invited. It's not even like she is getting a bounce house or clown, nothing that needs advance notice. Weird or just me?

Replies

• Mom2jngnc
    February 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM

no more than 2 weeks, and even then I don't expect most people to really RSVP

• Jillysmom
    February 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    Very interesting

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

no more than 2 weeks, and even then I don't expect most people to really RSVP

• Mom2jngnc
    February 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM

i usually want the rsvp by Thursday before the event. that gives me friday to shop

• January1964
    February 6, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I send out the invites one month in advance. I want an RSVP one week before the party.

• lady-J-Rock
    February 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM

my kids get sent out a month in advance. 

• Emschick38
    Ali
    February 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I usually send them out about a month in advance. Since we dont ever invite more than 6-8 kids i dont often worry about RSVP

• SamMom912
    February 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM

4 weeks invite goes out... And depending in the venue (location) anywhere from a week to 3 days before for rsvp. 

For my sons first birthday at restaurant we sent out invite 7 weeks in advance with rsvp 2 weeks before as restauant needed head count by x day to order food. It is also typically a busy time of year for people... So i wanted lots of notice. 

• lish2127
    February 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    Most of the invites we have received are anywhere from 2-4 weeks ahead. Usually with the rsvp a week to 3 days before the event. Personally I'm last minute and get them out about 2 weeks ahead with rsvp wed before the weekend party. For my son's 7th bday I put the rsvp date Wed and still got calls on Fri with the party on Sat.
  • Kimmiky
    by Kimmiky
    February 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM

We just got invited to a party in about a week in a half . . . So I'll have two paydays and weekends to shop for a gift.  I think that is a reasonable amount of time.

• robynjavan7104
    February 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    invitations Usually go out 2-3 weeks before but I usually tell people about it about a month before.
    I usually don't expect people to rsvp.

New York Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN