New York Moms

Ashanya
I'm a Single Mom in NYC and I NEED to move out!!!!!
by Ashanya
February 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I am a single mom in NY living with my mother...I start school in the fall for Early Childhood Education and I work part-time as a Group Leader at an AfterSchool Program! Living with my mother is literally HELL...nothing I ever do in the house is good enough and well I need to move out I've applied to all types of low income housing but there has got to be something I'm missing or haven't heard of...Push is coming to Shove and I'm about to go into a shelter because I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE :-(

surrender

Replies

• Mom2jngnc
    February 4, 2013 at 7:51 PM

((hugs))

• Jillysmom
    February 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    Sorry I don't know off anything. Hugs
  • whitewinterose
    February 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    So sorry! Wish I knew of something in the city to help.
  • robynjavan7104
    February 5, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    Sorry, I know it took my sister years to get into public housing, she had pretty much gave up and was moving back to Tennessee when they finally called her.
  • lizmarie1975
    Liz
    February 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I'm sorry it's not working out. I wish I had some advice for you.

• Wyldbutterfly
    February 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I'm sorry it's not working out with your Mom.

• big.city.mama
    February 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    Girl new York is one of the most expensive cities in the state to live in but think seriously about a shelter they only help you if its domestic violence and you have like no other family that will take you in
  • elwalters77
    February 7, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I don't live anywhere near the city so I don't know what you can do, but I don't think a shelter is the best option for you or your kids. Heck, my own husband makes me feel like nothing I ever do around the house is good enough either. Can you talk to her or get out to have some time to yourself? Keep your head up. You'll get through it.

New York Moms