New York Moms

lovegrandbaby
Am I crazy or what?
January 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Had a water pipe break under house (we don't have basement, just crawl space).  We had to have water company shut off water to house and call plumber.  Some wouldn't do it, would have been covered under house insurance, but we have $500 deductable, so ....DH called plumber, they told him $186/hr.  Had to have them do it.  They failed to tell him they start charging from the time they get the call till they finish.  Oh, and they sent two guys to do the job, and failed to tell him it was $186/hr per guy.  Are u kidding me?  I need to have that job!  What the hell are they thinking?  Be up front and honest with customers instead of screwing them.  DH should have done the job himself, but he couldn't find the break.  Oh, and they failed to tell DH that after 4:30pm, they charge overtime, so naturally they didn't finish till 5:30pm.  I am fuming!

Replies

• midjet117
    January 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    Oh i would be to. Is there anything that could be done?
  • lovegrandbaby
    January 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM

No DH called the company, the owner argued saying he told dh all of the information.  Why would dh be so pissed if they guy told him?  He is an a@@ and we told him we would not recommend his company to anyone.  I am going to file complaint with BBB.

• SamMom912
    January 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

sorry this happend!!!

We had a contractor once that broke out water line. yes, had to call the town out, turn off water, fix pipe. BUT lucky us, it was contractors fault. He is well liked in our town and the town didnt charge him. YOU know if it were OUR money, they would have!

• Cecelia712
    January 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    No way! Did you pay that???
    My husband owns a very profitable, busy plumbing businnes, NO ONE charges per guy! The other stuff, some may try to pull, yes after 430 is OT but normally if they are already there the don't chrge OT, only if the start after 430.
    How did you pay? Check? Stop it! Was it to cash or the company?
  • lovegrandbaby
    January 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM

They put on the bill start at 4pm finish at 5:30pm.  DH paid with check to the company.  I believe if you are going to charge from the time you get the call, you should tell customer up front.  If you charge OT after 4:30pm, you should tell customer.  I don't however believe that just because you send two guys out, customer should have to pay for two guys.  The small piece of pipe they replaced cost us $25 and the tax was about $25, the rest was labor which is BS - Over $300 - I will just write to BBB, and let people I know not to do business with the company.  The owner was rude to DH, didn't like the fact that DH called him out on his business practices.

• Cecelia712
    January 26, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    You should stop the check first thing mon am! Theyre ripping you off. No one charges per man. Add the amount yourself as if one man was there and pay that. My husband has been doing business over 20 years and has never heard of anyone charging per guy. And one was probably only a helper and not even a plumber.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

They put on the bill start at 4pm finish at 5:30pm.  DH paid with check to the company.  I believe if you are going to charge from the time you get the call, you should tell customer up front.  If you charge OT after 4:30pm, you should tell customer.  I don't however believe that just because you send two guys out, customer should have to pay for two guys.  The small piece of pipe they replaced cost us $25 and the tax was about $25, the rest was labor which is BS - Over $300 - I will just write to BBB, and let people I know not to do business with the company.  The owner was rude to DH, didn't like the fact that DH called him out on his business practices.

• Wyldbutterfly
    January 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

No DH called the company, the owner argued saying he told dh all of the information.  Why would dh be so pissed if they guy told him?  He is an a@@ and we told him we would not recommend his company to anyone.  I am going to file complaint with BBB.

File a complaint with the BBB, but take it a step further and contact the State Attorney General.

• Jillysmom
    January 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Also put it on Angies list so others are aware.

• Jillysmom
    January 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Hope you are able to get it worker out , that is so wrong.

• Mom2jngnc
    January 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I agree with Cece

New York Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts