New York Moms

Mom2jngnc
gah! rashes and me
November 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

It annoys me to no end how many times I said the same things OVER and OVER to the NP at my ENT's office (and she's much better than the one at my primary office). 

So last night I took my bath, went upstairs, yanked off the hoodie I threw on with my PJ bottoms and climbed into bed. 

Got up this morning, threw the hoodie back on, got the kids up etc..... 

Called to see about being seen at the ENT's office for the sinus pressure I have (that I don't normally get). Yesterday I wanted my head to just fall off when I bent over to load the washer (front load). First the receptionist told me that the Dr could see me Friday, Nov. 30 (really?????), but she would check to see if the NP would see me. So she gives me an appointment for 2:30 which means I can still help in Kinder from 1 to 2, and get my banking, library etc done after Alex gets on the bus (bad Mommy). 

I go to hop in the shower, and my CHEST is covered in a rash. I have no idea from what. No new foods, no new detergents, no new shampoos, washes etc (and I Don't use anything in the bathtub anyway)... NOTHING....... No shellfish, No nuts, No Cinnamon,

So, I haven't had the sinus pressure long enough for it to be an infection. I have an RX for z-pack I can fill in 48 hrs if I am not better. Wanted to RX me for the new allergy wonder drug that came out when Zyrtec went OTC, told her I take Claratin every morning (generic). 
Canceled my allergy shot for tomorrow, have to call her and let her know how the rash is looking. As by the time I was seen it was down my arm, all over my back.....
She asked me if I had been around anyone with strept (um, 5 little cherubs were missing from Kindergarten on Tuesday and 2 were missing on Friday), tells me it could be hand, foot, mouth, it could be scarlett fever. (really?) 

Called John on my way home to let him know what she said. HE rolled his eyes over the phone, annoyed that I have to get to the point where I need my nebulizer because it's drifted south before I can be treated. 

Then he procedes to ask me if my rash is from the cat. Um, I haven't petted him or held him since last week. Oh, but yesterday while we were out shopping a little person went into our bedroom to go to our bathroom, and must have let Saber into our room. Because when John went into our bedroom, the cat was on our bed, in my spot which wasn't made up. 
So I slept (or tossed and turned) in cat dander ALL NIGHT LONG.

Came home showed my chest and back to all 5 kids. Made it clear that IF the cat gets into my room, someone old enough gets him out, OR ELSE we have to find a new home for Saber.

That didn't go over well, so I told them to keep him out of my room! 

Replies

• SamMom912
    November 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM

well, thank goodness it was JUST the cat...and not scarlett fever or strept.... glad the mystery was solved...an hey, obviously it is pretty darn serious that the cat stays out of your room.... AND if yout get the rash again, you'll know WHO caused it.
    hope your feeling better.  

• Mom2jngnc
    November 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

well, thank goodness it was JUST the cat...and not scarlett fever or strept.... glad the mystery was solved...an hey, obviously it is pretty darn serious that the cat stays out of your room.... AND if yout get the rash again, you'll know WHO caused it.
    hope your feeling better.  

I will feel better when I get home from class and can take Benadryl.... lol

• lady-J-Rock
    November 19, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    Oh no I hope class isn't too long.
  • Jennifair
    Jen
    November 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Awww man! Hope you get relief soon! 

• lish2127
    November 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Oh wow...glad you know the cause at least. The sinus stuff is hitting a lot of people right now it seems.

• Cecelia712
    November 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM
    feel better soon
  • Mom2jngnc
    November 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Oh no I hope class isn't too long.

about that class. I really thought it was 7 to 10.... have no idea why as last Monday was 6 to 9. So I text the other FF that I am cleared to drive the Squad on a white (no red lights, no sirens) to class, so I will meet him at the station at 6:20. 

5:20 we get a call, I tell Johnny he can't go, he won't be back in time to babysit and I need to get to class in an hour. 

At 5:50 he comes downstairs "Mom I thought your class was at 6?" Crap! 

So were were just under 30 min. late for class and then the damn thing was done at 7. 

So why wasn't last week 6 to 10 and be done with it?

• Mom2jngnc
    November 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Quoting lish2127:

Oh wow...glad you know the cause at least. The sinus stuff is hitting a lot of people right now it seems.

right now my sheets, pillow cases etc are all in the dryer... going to be awhile before I can go to bed tonight.

• Wyldbutterfly
    November 20, 2012 at 4:47 AM

I'm glad it was only from the cat and you didn't have a reaction worse(NOT THAT IT WAN'T BAD) than you did.

As for Sabre, well, I think the kids get the idea. You have to be careful.

• lizmarie1975
    Liz
    November 20, 2012 at 7:48 AM

I do not love cats.

Glad you found out the cause of the rash.

New York Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts