New York Moms

SamMom912
School schedule
November 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
No school last week
2 hour delay monday
Full day yesterday
1/2 day due to impending storm today with possibility of 2 hour delay tomorrw...
Friday full day
Monday off for veterans day
Tuesday 1/2 day.

Kill me now!

Replies

• Jillysmom
    November 8, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Scarlett I'm here if you need/want to talk. My phone is always open even if you want to text as I know sometimes thats easier. Wsh I was also closer. HUGS

• robynjavan7104
    November 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    I wish I could help, I can't imagine how hard its been. It's okay to not be supermom considering no one is perfect. Just know that it will get better.
  • Emschick38
    Ali
    November 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Jennifair:

Blah..... Hugs Scarlett. 

Jenn... I need sooooo much more then hugs! Im sooo done. So fried.
    I wish i had somewhere to turn for help cause really... Im not wonderwoman...

Sam is having such a hard time.. Freaking out over everything. Too hot food, cry... Drop toy... Cry... Hubby is always at work. Im always alone.
    I joke around with my friends sqying that i am going to be on the corener buying crystal meth... When really, i am... I am so oeverdone with meeting expectations and responsibilities.

Hubby freaked out Sat pm.. Telling me he HATES his life... Then 2 days later corrected and said he hates all that work takes from him.. Loves his wife and kid... BUT, needs to know i have " all this at home." so i have to have all this at home.

All this from the wood pile, to the generator, to the snow blower, to the grocery store, to handling sam... All of it. So he can work and not worry about anythg else.
    Well... I can admit to YOU ladies i DONT WANT to have all this! I want help! I want someone else to say " scarlett, ive got this for you, " and no one ever does cause everyone thinks i can handle everythg.

Sigh.... Vomit vent over. Thanks!

Scarlett, is there a place where you could hire someone to help with the other stuff? maybe someont to come in and clean one or two days a week, some one to cut the wood or take care of the lawn? Have you tried having Sam help with chores? I know things are harder with him, but my little kids love to help with the laundry and dishes. So when I have too much to do at once I have them pull the laundry out of the dryer and reload the washer (for us its one machine.) They can do dishes as long as they have all been rinsed and I do the sharp and heavy glass. Maybe he would like to sweep with a swiffer mop, or a child size broom. 

Teenagers are usually cheaper to hire but dont really do the same quality work as a professional. and I bet you could find someone who would be willing to do some of the other jobs so you can lighten some of your load, without focusing their attention on Sam.

• Emschick38
    Ali
    November 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM

This popped up on my news feed (facebook talk) after I read this. You are not alone. Hugs and a big bottle of wine.

• Jillysmom
    November 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I feel like Jillian has been out some much. She was out all week last week, then monday ,she went tuesday & thurday and tomorrow will only go half a day.

• Bethy16
    by Bethy16
    November 9, 2012 at 4:12 AM
    Jordan will finally go back to school tomorrow after being out almost 3 weeks. We were away the week before the hurricane and then Sandy came along and then the nor easter. Then they are off Monday and half a day Thursday. Crazy!!!
  • SamMom912
    November 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    Quoting Emschick38:

Sam and chores dont really mix. Lol
    He does have a few he has to do... Collect garbage on nights/ days before garbage day. Help me bring up recycling. He has to stack the dog food cans in the pantry and push them down the hall ( which is great proprioceptive input for him) and typical things lile picking his clothes, toys and puting his dishes in the dishwasher after snacks and meals.
    He does not enjoy them. He gets no sence of pride from doing them... And depending on the day he somtimes cant handle it (garbage mostly is the fight we have) there have been occassions that he has helped me (wash kitchen floor or do dishes.. I took pictures lol!) but where i think it gives kids a feeling of being grown up that htye enjoy, it seems to stress Sam out...

He hates being outside (sensory overload) unless HE wants to... So normally the wood pile is done when he is in school. Or sometimes i can bribe him to sit outside with my ipad or his ds and just be able to see him while i work.
    We have someone come and clean 1x per week.. But, honestly, with a dog and a kid it just gets messy sooo fast! I am thankful i dont have to do the big cleaning... But i do have little cleaning.
    Empty dishwasher, laundry, pick up all the papers that inevidable end up all over my house? Lol
    We also have a lawnscaper but he works may-october and once they do the big leaf blow... They are done. So, if there are more outside things to do... I do them, cause i can!

I guess I need to fgure out the thing that stresses me out the most and find a way thru it or give it away...
    Honestly, the more i think about it. I need more time away from the house with just hubby.
    I think knowing that 3 4 nights a year that we could go away and relax and rejuvinate would help me thru. I think an older babysitter who was trained in special ed would be helpful.
    Hmmm, something to work on for sure.
    Thanks Ali... Thanks for getting my head working... And not letting me drwon in my pitty pool!
  • Emschick38
    Ali
    November 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

that is a good idea about a sitter that is trained in special ed. I think if you could find someone available even one night a month (we like to do the 24th since its the date of our anniversary) it would make for a great time. and less stress. I really hope you can find one. Do you live near a college that teaches special ed teaching. You could probably start there to find someone. 

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting Emschick38:

Sam and chores dont really mix. Lol
    He does have a few he has to do... Collect garbage on nights/ days before garbage day. Help me bring up recycling. He has to stack the dog food cans in the pantry and push them down the hall ( which is great proprioceptive input for him) and typical things lile picking his clothes, toys and puting his dishes in the dishwasher after snacks and meals.
    He does not enjoy them. He gets no sence of pride from doing them... And depending on the day he somtimes cant handle it (garbage mostly is the fight we have) there have been occassions that he has helped me (wash kitchen floor or do dishes.. I took pictures lol!) but where i think it gives kids a feeling of being grown up that htye enjoy, it seems to stress Sam out...

He hates being outside (sensory overload) unless HE wants to... So normally the wood pile is done when he is in school. Or sometimes i can bribe him to sit outside with my ipad or his ds and just be able to see him while i work.
    We have someone come and clean 1x per week.. But, honestly, with a dog and a kid it just gets messy sooo fast! I am thankful i dont have to do the big cleaning... But i do have little cleaning.
    Empty dishwasher, laundry, pick up all the papers that inevidable end up all over my house? Lol
    We also have a lawnscaper but he works may-october and once they do the big leaf blow... They are done. So, if there are more outside things to do... I do them, cause i can!

I guess I need to fgure out the thing that stresses me out the most and find a way thru it or give it away...
    Honestly, the more i think about it. I need more time away from the house with just hubby.
    I think knowing that 3 4 nights a year that we could go away and relax and rejuvinate would help me thru. I think an older babysitter who was trained in special ed would be helpful.
    Hmmm, something to work on for sure.
    Thanks Ali... Thanks for getting my head working... And not letting me drwon in my pitty pool!

New York Moms