New York Moms

Cecelia712
are you F%%%%ing kidding me??
November 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I was out running some errands with giuliana this morning ( my 16month old daughter) when some ldy stops to gush at how cute she is. Ok thanks. Then she says "I just love down syndrome babies". Hmmm ok, so I didn't say anything in response because I wasn't sure why she was saying that. Then she goes on to say she finds them so sweet and do I find her (giuliana)to be a sweet blessing. So finally I tell her my daughter does not have down syndrome. Does she just realize she put her foor in her mouth and shut up?? Helll no! She says oh honey don't be ashamed! Now I'm pissed, because absolutely no offense to DS babies, but my DD simply doesn't have DS! So I tell her again nicely my dd does not have ds and start to walk away, where she tells me I'm wrong for denying it. Now I had it, I snap and I was wrong and I admit it but I pretty much called her an old hag and to go get her eyes examined because there is noting wrong with my baby! I threw out a few other expletives in there because who the hell says that to someone???!!

Replies

• Mom2jngnc
    November 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM

people used to ask if there was something wrong with CJ. Which I never understood until I got pictures developed: Seeing how this is how he was usually seen in a shopping cart, I could kind of see why they asked. 

Although they always backed off once I said he was fine, He is 5 months old here and I think the outfit is a 0 to 6m sleeper.

• Cecelia712
    November 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    I don't think he looks like he has anything wrong with him. People are truly rude and I don't even think some of them mean it, they're just too stupid to realize it!
    When G was a baby he had a neck collar, and leg braces due to his paralysis and he couldn't hold his head up. Depending on my mood and the way the persn phrased it, when they'd ask me what was wrong with him id say "nothing" and walk away.
    There are nice ways to inquire about things without sounding like a complete vinegar solution (my nice way of calling a person a douche).

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

people used to ask if there was something wrong with CJ. Which I never understood until I got pictures developed: Seeing how this is how he was usually seen in a shopping cart, I could kind of see why they asked. 

Although they always backed off once I said he was fine, He is 5 months old here and I think the outfit is a 0 to 6m sleeper.

• Cecelia712
    November 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM
    Her name is julianna, I just use the italian spelling because I like it better and I'm hoping it deters people from calling her julie because I don't care for the name julie, but love giuliana.
    As for being loud, yes true, they are all loud, but geeez, she's a screecher!

Quoting Emschick38:

Quoting MELRN:

did she have dementia?    people are weird

This made me laugh, because my first thought was "I am pretty sure G (I dont want to completely mispell it) is too young to have dementia." lol

• Cecelia712
    November 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    Because of her age I gave her 3 chances before I snapped at her. bad eyes, dementia, who knows, old people are kinda funny and feel they can say whatever they want. Just don't insist my child has a medical condition she doesn't have. And then to say I'm ashamed! Id enever be ashamed of my child! I had (have) a special needs child, he had the neck collar, leg and hip braces, and a helmet (helmet for a very short while). I was never once ashamed of him. My oldest has oral motor peoblems and did nothing but drool like a sloppy lap dog for the first 3 yrs of his life. I have never once been ashamed of my child and think her saying that is what made me snap. Down syndrome is nothing to be ashamed of. She just doesn't have it!

Quoting MELRN:

did she have dementia?    people are weird

• CorpCityGrl
    November 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Wow!  Some people have some nerve!

New York Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts