Smarter Living

deccaf
Yes, I let her wear this to preschool
by deccaf
April 30 at 10:24 AM

Mobile Photo

It's not like she's going to be able to fit it long enough for a special day, so why not? If it gets dirty, ok, no problem.
Would you let your child wear a "dress-up" outfit to preschool?

Replies

• Rust.n.Gears
    April 30 at 10:27 AM
    Yep. My daughter went through a year of wearing only dresses.
  • mom2jessnky
    April 30 at 10:28 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like you sent her to soccer practice in a dress.

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    April 30 at 10:42 AM

At least not without shorts!  No, I wouldn't send her in a dress.  Just kidding.  But I get a lot of weird looks for bringing her in a cute dress.  "You know she's going to get dirty, right?" 

Really?  No, I didn't know that the child I pick up every day will get dirty at school!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like you sent her to soccer practice in a dress.

• othermom
    April 30 at 10:43 AM

Yes I would

• KelliansMom
    April 30 at 10:43 AM
    A lot of the little girls at my sons preschool dress that way. I let my son wear what he wants and sometimes yes it is his nice clothes.
  • mom2jessnky
    April 30 at 10:45 AM

I would have replied to that with "That's why I have a washing machine, crazy I know"

Quoting deccaf:

At least not without shorts!  No, I wouldn't send her in a dress.  Just kidding.  But I get a lot of weird looks for bringing her in a cute dress.  "You know she's going to get dirty, right?" 

Really?  No, I didn't know that the child I pick up every day will get dirty at school!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

• OBImomma
    April 30 at 10:46 AM
    I would if it was aloud. They have to wear uniforms
  • deccaf
    by deccaf
    April 30 at 10:47 AM

When she starts real school, it will be uniforms.  So I will let her dress like she wants now.

Quoting OBImomma: I would if it was aloud. They have to wear uniforms

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    April 30 at 10:48 AM

Yes, but I'd let the teachers know it was OK to get dirty.  Also, the preschool requires shorts or pants under skirts.

• OBImomma
    April 30 at 10:50 AM
    That's great! My kids don't go to preschool (even though the school they go to offers it). But, preschoolers are also required to wear a uniform.

I do let my kids wear whatever they want (as long as its weather appropriate) when they are home :-)

Quoting deccaf:

When she starts real school, it will be uniforms.  So I will let her dress like she wants now.

Quoting OBImomma: I would if it was aloud. They have to wear uniforms

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts