Smarter Living

suroundedbyboys
You have got to be kidding?!?! ver. my BFF's wedding registry!
March 18 at 8:53 PM

My BFF (for 15+ yrs) is getting married in December, I'll be celebrating my 10th anniversary in October. We are at different places in life, and I'm really noticing a gap between us lately. Her sister got married 9 years ago and my best friend couldn't believe how much she spent on her wedding, her dress, etc. Well I really think this has a lot to do with my friends fiance, but they are spending the big bucks, her reception venue alone has a $10k minimum. I remember her going on and on about how ridiculous her sisters registry was so I thought my BFF would be the same down to earth girl I've grown up with, but she just sent me a link to her Macy's registry and I am having sticker stock. (I'll preface saying I got married at the court house and didn't get a traditional wedding- I sort of regret it now, but back on topic)...

The registry- the china is all Noritake Platinum wave pattern

Covered veg. bowl- $179.99

Gravy boat- $84.99

Oval Platter $119.99

1 Place setting- $89.99 (Wants 12)

Salt and Pepper shaker- $49.99

anyways it goes on and on, but really $85 for a gravy boat?!?!? The silverware set is $44.99 for 1 setting, good grief!

Guess I am just in shock!

Replies

• slw123
    by slw123
    March 18 at 8:55 PM

There's no rule that anyone has to buy off the registry.

• suroundedbyboys
    March 18 at 9:12 PM

No I just think it's funny that she went on and on about her sister's registry being ridiculous, and her's is even more over the top.

Quoting slw123:

• angieluvsolivia
    March 18 at 9:13 PM

Wow!  Insane!  I would buy off the registry or get her a gift card from the store.

• slw123
    by slw123
    March 18 at 9:13 PM

She must have gotten carried away, lol. 

Quoting suroundedbyboys:

No I just think it's funny that she went on and on about her sister's registry being ridiculous, and her's is even more over the top.

Quoting slw123:

• momofsixangels
    March 18 at 9:21 PM

Dang. Thats crazy

• taKENheart
    March 18 at 9:24 PM

Wow, that's some registry. 

• MamaJane
    March 18 at 9:48 PM
    I want to not buy from a registry when I see one like that. My niece is getting married this weekend and I was so pleased that her registry was reasonable that I spent a little more then I normally would have.
  • suroundedbyboys
    March 18 at 10:45 PM
    Quoting MamaJane: I want to not buy from a registry when I see one like that. My niece is getting married this weekend and I was so pleased that her registry was reasonable that I spent a little more then I normally would have.

Seriously, my registry was tiny, a toaster, a tea pot, a table runner etc. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's craziness!
  • proudmommy690
    March 18 at 11:29 PM
    That's insane! What the heck do the salt and pepper shakers look like that they cost $50?!?! She's crazy lol
  • hugss
    by hugss
    March 19 at 12:11 AM

While yes it is crazy,
    Will be interesting to see what she gets & doesn't :)

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN