Smarter Living

IncognitoOne
What do you do...
November 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM

When your child is so long legged and skinny? LOL

I already have to buy 8 slim with adjustable waist band. The pants he has on today are skinny jeans and they are baggy on him. But he looks like he's waiting for a flood. He needs a 10 for length, but even with skinny jeans, he'll look like he's wearing a parachute on his butt.

I don't know what's better, parachute tush, or flood pants?

Replies

• aidyns_mommy
    November 12, 2013 at 6:59 AM
    I hate a shorty. He is 5 1/2 and in 4t slim pants. Here's a bump though!

*eta* have** I love my shorty!
  • IncognitoOne
    November 12, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Awe. LOL...

I guess my youngest son is average. He can wear a 6 or 7. 6 is perfect length, 7 is a little long...they have to have an adjustable waist, but he fills the rest of them out.

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

I hate a shorty. He is 5 1/2 and in 4t slim pants. Here's a bump though!

*eta* have** I love my shorty!

• Bentleysmom0213
    November 12, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Have you tried online maybe there is a online site for his size or getting them taylored. but that could get pricey . 

• IncognitoOne
    November 12, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Yeah, there's no way I could afford specialty jeans or getting anything tailored, lol. It's bad enough to pay $16-$20 for the ones he wears........

I bought these at the end of August/beginning of September.

Quoting Bentleysmom0213:

Have you tried online maybe there is a online site for his size or getting them taylored. but that could get pricey . 

• mrswillie
    November 12, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    I was like that when I was a young teen. I use to sew a new seam on the inside of the leg.
  • IncognitoOne
    November 12, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I'm not that crafty. My mom could probably do it. But I usually pass down any jeans that don't get ruined to my youngest son...and he wouldn't need them slimmed down.

He's gotten a whole two months wear out of these, and they're already too short. It's getting ridiculous! I'm going to leave it alone until next fall if I think I can get by with it.

Quoting mrswillie:

I was like that when I was a young teen. I use to sew a new seam on the inside of the leg.

• lapcounter
    November 12, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    I buy her Miss Me jeans, she is 7 and has long legs like her dad.
  • lil_mama06
    November 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Lol...When Andie was really little I'd buy her a Jr's capri, They fit her like regular pants... 

• nkki954
    by nkki954
    November 12, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Dd had pants issues as a younger child. I always had to shop at Old Navy. They seemed to be the only place to get pants that I didn't have to have altered.

good luck.

• IncognitoOne
    November 12, 2013 at 7:34 AM

LOL...DH suggested trying to find girls skinny jeans that didn't look girlie (a lot have pink stitching or things patched on them)

Quoting lapcounter:

I buy her Miss Me jeans, she is 7 and has long legs like her dad.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN