Smarter Living

mamivon2
GRRR call me ungrateful. I dont care..
October 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Ok so I made a few posts about my dh niece staying with us. For the ones who dont know. She is 25 has 2 kids (19week old boy 3y old girl).. she has to stay with us cause she got in trouble with DSS.. popping pills, almost lost her kids. So she cant be alone with them...

Now dont get me wrong.. I dont mind her helping. but her helping turns into a taking over MY household.. yes I want her to wash her babys bottles or her dds plate.. but she does not need to wash all of MY dishes 24/7.. I have a few plates in the sink which I plan on washing later in the day.. nope cant do it cause she is already  all in it washing things.. (I like to wash dishes, feels good on my hands)...or I get laundry upstairs to fold.. nope she HAS to do it.. of course not the way I like to have them folded so I have to redo them.... ok Im not OCD by no means. but I have a certain way my pantry  is set up..topshelf are like, ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, pb, jelly sugar,flour etc.... next one down is rice, noodle, tacoshells, then we have the cans and all the cans are in order (green beans, peas, corn , basically can goods etc) last shelf is breakfast: like hot chocolate, poptarts etc.. and also oil..

I like the way my pantry is set up I can open it and dont have to look around for stuff. Nope She also had to go behind it and rerange stuff...,, now the breakfast is with the noodles ...

My dh is like:you ungrateful she is trying to help.. I keep telling him that I dont need her help Im a big girl.. lol..

Would this aggravate you if someone would come and "taking over" YOUR household???

Replies

• Nerys-Kianna
    October 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Yes, it would drive me bat shit crazy. Tell her thank you butyou like the way your stuff is ordered and she should bugger off.

• lyrick24
    October 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    She is probably just feeling grateful that you are letti g her stay and wants to help out as much as possible. You could just tell her that if you need her help you will let her know and that you like doing certain things. I wouldn't make a big real out of it.
  • nngmommy83
    October 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I understand your frustrations but if it were me I would just let her help =) It probably makes her feel better

• proudmommy690
    October 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    That would be annoying if someone took over my household. I would appreciate her help, but if she's going to help she should do it the way you do.
  • nana9106
    October 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    Sorry buy I kind of agree with your DH. It sounds like She is trying to be helpful and earn her keep. She doesnt want you to think she is mooching....which is good.
    You could make like a chore list...these are the choresyou would like her to do and these are the chores you will do. Tactfully explain to her that you do appreciate her help but please do not rearrange anything. It doesnt sound like she wants to take over it sounds like she appreciates you letting her stay yhere and is trying her hardest not yo be an imposition on you and your family.
  • nana9106
    October 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    Oops sorry for the typos...

Quoting nana9106:

Sorry buy I kind of agree with your DH. It sounds like She is trying to be helpful and earn her keep. She doesnt want you to think she is mooching....which is good.

You could make like a chore list...these are the choresyou would like her to do and these are the chores you will do. Tactfully explain to her that you do appreciate her help but please do not rearrange anything. It doesnt sound like she wants to take over it sounds like she appreciates you letting her stay yhere and is trying her hardest not yo be an imposition on you and your family.

• AllThatBabyJazz
    October 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I'd flip! 

• Tigress22304
    October 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

it sounds like she's trying to help, perhaps you can sit with her and talk to her about how you/your family prefers to keep the cabinets

• StepDucky
    October 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Sounds like she is just trying to help... Washing the dishes... I understand but rearranging your pantry?!?! Omg I would flip!! Lol 

• ashleymosq
    October 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Yes that would make me crazy. I have a certain way that I do things. I don't like having to go through and redo everything. It just makes more work for me in the end.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN