Smarter Living

powow65
In my honest opinion (smarter living)
by powow65
September 18, 2013 at 6:54 AM
September is showing lots of wonderful degrees in the eastern part of USA (from the HOT 80's or 90's to cold cold cold 30's.)
In my honest opinion for my (smarter living), don't touch that heater yet. Better yet, grab & bring out some blankets (cold?) add a extra layer of blanket before touching the heater.
(keep some $$$$ in your pocket.)
Wear socks, maybe a long sleeve shirt & pj pants to bed to stay extra warm.

(kinda off topic, people in my city whine tht they're "bills are high" but when it's chilly out side they don't think "layer up" (save $$$$ in the pocket) no they think & show "ROAR UP THE HEATERS YA'll!" & lose $$$$ than whine they can't pay they're lights/gas bill.) *frown*

So my honest opinion, layer up, bundle up. Save the $$$$ in your pockets!

Replies

• mom2jessnky
    September 18, 2013 at 6:58 AM

It's nowhere NEAR sweater weather here. I doubt we'll use the heater in this house before we move, and where we're going most places don't even HAVE heaters.

• yvonne37
    September 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM

true.. my husband was about to turn the heater on.. i was like STOP.. why?  its just in the low 50s.. we can cover up and enjoy the coolness ;)

• momma-flynn
    September 18, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    It's still way to hot here to even think about using the heater. We always set our heat lower to cut down on the bill when we do use it.
  • PoehlerBear1983
    September 18, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    Its in the 30s right now and we are just layered.
  • powow65
    by powow65
    September 18, 2013 at 7:08 AM
    The south hun?
    Kudos! I pray y'all have a nice, safe move.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

It's nowhere NEAR sweater weather here. I doubt we'll use the heater in this house before we move, and where we're going most places don't even HAVE heaters.

• powow65
    by powow65
    September 18, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    Oyi!
    Yes please don't turn on the heat (only for the 50's either!)
    Holy moly!

Quoting yvonne37:

true.. my husband was about to turn the heater on.. i was like STOP.. why?  its just in the low 50s.. we can cover up and enjoy the coolness ;)

• lapcounter
    September 18, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    It's usually the end of October first of November before we turn the heat on.
  • powow65
    by powow65
    September 18, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    That's what we did last yet, our bill was a (bit) smaller not much b/c the apartment was very drafty, airy & cold it self!

Quoting momma-flynn:

It's still way to hot here to even think about using the heater. We always set our heat lower to cut down on the bill when we do use it.
  • powow65
    by powow65
    September 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    What state hun?

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Its in the 30s right now and we are just layered.
  • powow65
    by powow65
    September 18, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    Some mom's I know in a different group does that too.

Quoting lapcounter:

It's usually the end of October first of November before we turn the heat on.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts