soccer_mom1999
For those who are done having babies. Did you
July 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Did you have your tubes tied? Did your DH have a vasectomy?

Replies

• Elyssa414
    July 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    I had my tubes tied! I was scared we would have an oops if he got snipped! Lol
  • TristanMitchael
    July 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    We (I) really want dh to get a vasectomy we just haven't been able to afford the $500 it'll cost yet.
  • pixiemg1
    Amy
    July 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Neither.  I wanted my tubes tied when I had my twins but the doctor talked me out of it.  I really wished I went with my gut and had it done.  Now my hubby is so afraid of getting a vasectomy that I don't see it happening in the future.

• lizzig
    by lizzig
    July 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

nope, if i had to have another c-section with my last i was going to "get fixed" but i was able to have a vbac so i got an iud instead.

• Charizma77
    July 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Not yet! Dh is supposed to get a vasectomy this summer.

• shymomof4
    July 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM

When I had my last baby I had a c section.  I decided to go ahead and have a tubal while they had everything open. 

• sleepy_in_va
    July 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    I'm pregnant with our last baby and will most likely be having my tubes tied when this baby is born. I have had 4 kids in 5 years. My body is done.
  • mckinneymom918
    July 3, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    I got my tubes tied last month.
  • shymomof4
    July 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Have you checked into the price lately?  My BIL recently had a vasectomy.  My sister told me they were worried about the cost and were about to cancel it at the last minute but they called the insurance company or dr's office to see exactley what they had to pay and under obamacare they didn't have to pay anything other than the $20 copay.  I have very little knowledge on this topic but I just thought I would share what I heard. 

Quoting TristanMitchael:

We (I) really want dh to get a vasectomy we just haven't been able to afford the $500 it'll cost yet.

• mommakat97
    July 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Dh had a vasectomy in March. I want to adopt but not having anymore physically.