Smarter Living

Featured Posts
MamaMandee
Father in Biracial Relationship Accused of Kidnapping His Own Children
May 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM

by 

Joseph took his three girls to Walmart recently to cash a check, but he got more than he asked for upon leaving, and we don’t mean he scored extra cash. After Joseph left the store and picked up his wife Keana, the family arrived back at home to find a cop car waiting.

"He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph told FOC 5 News.

Joseph is white, Keana is black, and their three girls look more like their mom than their dad.

"Well, the customer was concerned because they saw the children with your husband and he didn't think that they fit," Keana said she was told. "And I said, ‘What do you mean by they don't fit?’ And I was trying to get [the officer] to say it. And she says, ‘Well, they just don't match up.’”

The couple has been married for 10 years and has a 4-year-old daughter and 2-year-old twin girls. They say they have experienced their fair share of racial insults before, but this accusation that their kids were stolen by their own father takes the cake.

Walmart issued a statement in which they claim to be looking into the situation, but Joseph and Keana say they’ve already decided never to shop at Walmart again.

Source: FOX 5 News

Replies

• Jukebox_Jenny
    May 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Mobile Photo

I had someone ask where I adopted my daughter from before. Another asked my mom how my husband and I had such a dark skinned daughter. (He adopted her)

People are ridiculous.
  • MamaMandee
    May 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Sometimes Im just amazed how stupid some people really are lol 

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Mobile Photo

I had someone ask where I adopted my daughter from before. Another asked my mom how my husband and I had such a dark skinned daughter. (He adopted her)

People are ridiculous.

• lyrick24
    May 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM

i go to walmart all the time and i have biracial children and they never question me. i dont know why they would do that. it is not incommon these days to be in a  biracial relationship. i think someone really jumped the gun in this situation.

• Leelee1008
    May 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM

OMG thats crazy

• griefstrickin
    May 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    Dh and I get asked all the time if our stuff is together when we go shopping and such. We do get some looks because our children take the Indian side from both of us, most of the time people think they are hispanic. Btw dh is black and I am white both of our families have Indian in them also.
  • griefstrickin
    May 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Mobile Photo

This is my dh and our youngest Emerie Ayla Grace :)
  • SarahSuzyQ
    May 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    My friend who has adopted four children who are of different ethnicities. She had to get state ids for all of them because of issues like this. :-(
  • mamadee1971
    May 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Did Walmart security not see him walk in with his daughter, shop with his daughter, go to the check out with his daughter? 

• Rust.n.Gears
    May 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM

My aunt was standing with me in line at a local fair when a woman tried to kidnap her baby in the stroller. She just grabbed the stroller and ran. She of course chased her, tackled her, screaming and yelling, hair pulling, punching, etc. Well it took two days to get her daughter our of state custody and even then they called her violent and fought her on it. Why? Because my aunt is white and her daughter is hispanic. She had to wait for her husband to rush home from visiting his mother in Puerto Rico. It was terrible and my aunt is still messed up from it. The kidnapper got a slap on the wrist. My aunt was punished more for protecting her baby.

• Gabbysmom615
    May 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM

thats nuts! everyone is so mixed up these days you shouldnt even think about questioning if a child belongs to a white man or woman or black man or woman or whatever....its just crazy

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts