Smarter Living

Featured Posts
Cafe AmyB
How much do we have in common? Share your story!!
March 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Let's see how much we have in common!

To play along, post things about yourselves so we can all get to know you better.

For example, you can post where you live or used to live, how many kids you have, how many siblings you have, what you or your spouse does for a living, etc.

See what the other moms are sharing and if you find a mom that has something similar to you, quote that mom by clicking on the "QUOTE" button and share what you have in common! The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share your common subject.

A little about me.

I'm a Navy brat who became an Air Force wife.

While a Navy brat we lived in Indiana, where I was born, Connecticut, Virginia, Hawaii, North Carolina, Washington state, Scotland and now here in South Carolina.

I broke my elbow when I was six.

I'm a cereal junkie and refuse to admit how many different boxes we have in our home right now. I have been known to eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Though not necessarily all in the same day.

I have one sister who is 5 years older than me and she has two grown sons. I love being their aunt and now a great auntie to my oldest nephew's daughter, Kennedy Belle.

I was married 9 years before DH and I had our son who is now 13. Althought DH was in the Air Force for 22 years, we never moved.  He was stationed at the same base the entire time.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have one grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountains,  the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

My first car was a royal blue VW Bug. Man, I loved that car.  My dream car would be a Jeep Wrangler, soft top, two doors. I can just see myself cruising around in it.

I don't have one single tattoo and neither does my husband. My 72 year old mom has four. 

We have a cat, a dog and a beta fish. 

I love the show Psych. Literally makes me LOL.

I have seen every episode of  the Brady Bunch multiple, multiple times, don't judge me. ;0)

Replies

• Cafe AmyB
    March 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I don't think he has to and hope he doesn't continue to.

Quoting artistmom27:

I think Devin relies too heavily on his bilingual abilities.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

I like Devin and Candice who is from my home state, SC.

Quoting artistmom27:

Candice and Curtis are my two favorites.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

American Idol tonight! Have a favorite yet?

Quoting artistmom27:

Right now I am watching Hell's kitchen, Bad girls club, American Idol

Quoting MamaMandee:

What are some of your favs?

Quoting artistmom27:

I live for reality TV!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Im a mom to 3 kids, two girls 5 & 14 and one boy 9.

My DH has 3 more kids but they dont live with us, cuz 2 are adults.

I love frogs.

I currently live in Indiana but have lived in Washington, Oregon, Cali, Colorado & Penn.

I went to nanny school. (Yes there is such a thing & its way harder than you might think).

I love reality TV.

Im currently hungry & wish dinner was ready lol

• DanaG70
    by DanaG70
    March 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Of Course. =)

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Do you have pictures of your jewelry?

• GE1
    by GE1
    March 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Back in the 80's it was really a nice place to live (Montreal, that is) I was in high school then too and there were a lot of possibilities for me in terms of employment. It started to get bad in the late 1990's for anyone who was not a francophone

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

I went to Quebec on a high school trip back in 83.  So beautiful there! Would love to go back.

I learned to knit when I was in middle school. Haven't really done much with it. I'd probably have to learn all over again.

Quoting GE1:

I am an older first time mom to a 14 month old boy. I am married for the second time and my husband is a photo finisher as well as a wonderful father to our son. I am currently working at home occasionally but will be going back to work part-time this summer. I am an ESL Instructor.

I am Canadian. I was born and raised in the province of Quebec and now I live in Ontario. 

I have an older sister who still lives in Quebec.

I have been knitting for over 30 years and am now working on making my son a sweater which he will grow into by next winter.

• boshs1andonly
    March 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I loved it. the family was really good to me, they were the ones that encouraged me to go back for my master's. i went to the little girl's 3rd birthday last year, I can't believe how big she's gotten...

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Did you enjoy being a nanny?

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I married my high school sweetheart too, we'll be celebrating our 7th anniversary this summer. 

When I was in college, I worked at the college daycare for some extra cash, and when working retail started to burn me out, I became a nanny for a year while I figured out my next step. 

Quoting MamaJane:

I have 3 kids and a small day care. I'm closing the daycare down in may though to go teach preschool at a local daycare.

I'm active in my daughters highschool band. I chaperone, move equipment, wash uniforms, provide food, run concessions, etc. I really enjoy it. State prelims for indoor percussion are this weekend. Wish us luck :)

I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for 16 years.

I have taught kickboxing.

I'm training for a mini marathon that's in may.

I've done many beach body workouts like p90x, insanity, turbo fire, hip hop abs, x2.

• Cafe AmyB
    March 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Beautiful!

Quoting DanaG70:

Of Course. =)

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

• Felicity532
    March 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Your jewelry is beautiful!  Good luck selling it.

Quoting DanaG70:

Of Course. =)

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

• Cafe AmyB
    March 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Nice! When I was younger I fantasized about being a nanny for someone and traveling the world with them. ;o)

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I loved it. the family was really good to me, they were the ones that encouraged me to go back for my master's. i went to the little girl's 3rd birthday last year, I can't believe how big she's gotten...

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Did you enjoy being a nanny?

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I married my high school sweetheart too, we'll be celebrating our 7th anniversary this summer. 

When I was in college, I worked at the college daycare for some extra cash, and when working retail started to burn me out, I became a nanny for a year while I figured out my next step. 

Quoting MamaJane:

I have 3 kids and a small day care. I'm closing the daycare down in may though to go teach preschool at a local daycare.

I'm active in my daughters highschool band. I chaperone, move equipment, wash uniforms, provide food, run concessions, etc. I really enjoy it. State prelims for indoor percussion are this weekend. Wish us luck :)

I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for 16 years.

I have taught kickboxing.

I'm training for a mini marathon that's in may.

I've done many beach body workouts like p90x, insanity, turbo fire, hip hop abs, x2.

• DanaG70
    by DanaG70
    March 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Thank you!!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Beautiful!

Quoting DanaG70:

Of Course. =)

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

• DanaG70
    by DanaG70
    March 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Thank you! =)

Quoting Felicity532:

Your jewelry is beautiful!  Good luck selling it.

Quoting DanaG70:

Of Course. =)

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

• Ginnygurl97
    March 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    What kind of book are you writing? I'd love to read it as well. I'll read damn near anything w words lol. What kind of dog? I have an east Siberian Laika and an Australian Shepard. My middle brother lives in Brooklyn. My dad was born and raised in Jamaica Queens. Long long time ago lol. He left in 69 when he finished high school. He and my mom just moved up to west Babylon. And live near south shore I think. They're w/in walking distance to the beach. I haven't been yet. Just had a baby so we're going in the summer when my older son is on vacation. They share a big old beach house, w dads cousin, that's been in the family since it was built. They are restoring it from top to bottom :-) it received quite a bit of damage from Sandy :-(

Quoting yvonne37:

I am 42 years old

I have two children (17 boy and 6 girl)

I have a dog.

I go to college, trying to finish L.A. English degree to become a teacher and a writer... love to write.

I love to read.

I was born in the bronx, NY and lived in Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico for my teen years.

I had a stepdad who passed away 3 years ago, never met my bio father.

My mother lives in Queens, NY

I have a brother (and I am sure I have more siblings but I dont know them).

I like to clean... not so much cook.

Things I like to do:  get online, watch movies, walk, play with my children, read, write, take photographs, dance and create things.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts