carolina_gal
Would this be a deal breaker for you?
February 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Is this good enough reason to break up with this guy?

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/51180/canyon+jump+from+400+feet+is+not+exactly+a+lovers+leap/

So, to recap: The girlfriend, one Jessica Powell of Meridian, Idaho, is all strapped in and ready to make the jump at this undisclosed location when she begins having doubts, and finally decides not to jump. The boyfriend, one Creighton Baird of Amarillo, Texas, has already jumped and is encouraging her to jump.

"All right, here we go," Graham says.

"No, Devin, not yet, not yet," Powell says. "I'm not going to jump. I don't know if I can jump."

Graham doesn't force the issue, saying, "I'll count down to zero. If you choose not to jump, I'm totally fine with you not jumping."

There are at least 10 countdowns that are for naught as Powell refuses to jump, and she keeps repeating, "I can't do it," until finally telling her boyfriend, "Honey, I don't want to do it."

"Put two hands on the rope," Baird says.

"Please don't push me off," Powell says. "Please don't."

"I am not. I am not going to push you," Baird says. "I'm not going to push you."

Then, of course, he pushes her. And as she swings to the other side of the canyon, you hear Powell's voice loud and clear: "I'm breaking up with you!"

Replies

• momofsixangels
    March 1, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Yep.  If you can't trust someone then, the relationship won't last no matter how hard you try.

Exactly

• AzariahsMother
    March 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    Yes, its trust or nothing.
  • tyfry7496
    March 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    Deal breaker!! He broke her trust. There is no relationship if there is no trust.
  • wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    March 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Yes

• SarahSuzyQ
    March 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Total deal breaker.

• mikesmom65270
    March 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Definitely a deal breaker! 

• critter_boo
    March 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    This I would be pissed

Quoting EireLass:

I would dump him. It's about trust. It's about respect.

• GypsiSky
    March 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Not cool.