Smarter Living

Featured Posts
Apr1l
A Penny Saved
by Apr1l
February 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM

When your kid(s) have money and it seems like they want to buy everything they see at the store, do you let them have fun with it, or teach them to save it, how do you teach savings to your kids that are old  enough?

Replies

• Apr1l
    by Apr1l
    February 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM

my eldest wants to buy buy buy, but a few bad purchases (toys that broke easily) have made him more cautious with his money.

• lillucky8
    Jen
    February 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    We always gave half to our bank accts and half as play money.
  • momofsixangels
    February 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM

They usually save it on their own

• Apr1l
    by Apr1l
    February 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM

wow so when you go to the store they don't want to buy stuff?

Quoting momofsixangels:

They usually save it on their own

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    February 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM

We do a little of both.

• JasonsMom2007
    February 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM

My kids have a savings piggy bank and a spending piggy bank.

• koolkidsmom
    February 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My son is grown and still spends it with no thought for the future.  I'm so opposite maybe that's why I couldn't teach him to spend wisely.  Everything I tried to teach him didnt work so I'm a flop at that.  sighhh

• koolkidsmom
    February 7, 2013 at 3:45 PM

My brother and I spend a lot of time with our goddaughter (7) and we take her to thrift shops and teach her tho.  Her mom spends it all as she gets it.

• koolkidsmom
    February 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I was born thrifty since my parents lived during the depression and I learned from them.

• Firenygirl180
    February 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    I am horrible with my money. When people send ds checks or cash it goes right into his savings. He is 19 months and has $1600 in his savings. I think we will start with letting him do what he wants and then go with it. When he wants something big, video game system or something, he well have to save. Hopefully he takes after his dad when it comes to money

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts