Eating On A Budget Recipe 2/2
February 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup chicken mixture and 3/4 cup rice)
Cost per Serving: $2.39
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups green bell pepper strips (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning once. Add bell pepper to pan; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken mixture from pan. Combine juice, soy sauce, curry paste, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add juice mixture and coconut milk to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 12 minutes or until slightly thick. Return chicken mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Julianna Grimes, Cooking Light
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
by deedee3849February 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM
That looks yummy!
by chillemi78February 2, 2013 at 3:35 PMMy hubby loves chicken curry, I'm going to try this for him!
by Sophie4910February 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM
by MamaMandeeFebruary 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I wish my DH liked curry :/
My hubby loves chicken curry, I'm going to try this for him!
February 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Never had chicken curry before
by alliesmom112February 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
That looks so yummy,
by suziejaxFebruary 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM
ok this looks amazing