Smarter Living

elasmimi
Are your kids scouts?
January 22, 2013 at 7:32 AM

My 6 y/o just started Daisy scouts, they are soo cute.

Replies

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    January 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM

No, we tried with my son in cub scouts but the people were unorganized and always ran late. Plus way too much work for parents to do. Now we are in music lessons and karate. :) My son is a green belt and my daughter is a white belt. She just started last week from being in the tiny tigers program.:)

• MamaJane
    January 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    My son is in scouts. We are also very unorganized. It kinda drives me insane lol. But he loves it. He's nearing the end of his second year. Camp is his favorite and he gets to have over night camp this year!

My daughter was a Girl Scout until 3 rd grade. We moved and tried to find our new group but we couldnt and no one helped us.
  • PoehlerBear1983
    January 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    Ds1 tried it in 1st grade but he didn't like it
  • mom2aspclboy
    January 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I tried cub scouts years ago for my son, but it was very disorganized, communication was very poor between the scout leadership & parents, and his troop only had 3 kids in it, making it difficult to get anything done. DS hated it and I didn't blame him, so I pulled him out after about 6 months.   

• crabbyD
    by crabbyD
    January 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    I can so relate with the unorganized factor, but both my boys are in the scouts... I have a cub and a boy scout. My boy scout LOVES the camping portion. He went to his first away camp summer camp last year and he had the time of his life!

Quoting MamaJane:

My son is in scouts. We are also very unorganized. It kinda drives me insane lol. But he loves it. He's nearing the end of his second year. Camp is his favorite and he gets to have over night camp this year!

My daughter was a Girl Scout until 3 rd grade. We moved and tried to find our new group but we couldnt and no one helped us.
  • MamaJane
    January 22, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    I think you have to keep in mind that all these people are volunteers and have day jobs. It is frustrating at times. The kids have to live it and it is really good for my son who is a little immature for his age. He's a bear this year.

Quoting crabbyD:

I can so relate with the unorganized factor, but both my boys are in the scouts... I have a cub and a boy scout. My boy scout LOVES the camping portion. He went to his first away camp summer camp last year and he had the time of his life!

Quoting MamaJane:

• crabbyD
    by crabbyD
    January 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    Oh I agree that's why we still stick around, but some of our pack leaders are something else... Hey, but my webelo son loves it and I just gotta suck it up... Lol.

My boy scout's troop is obviously more interdependent and more organized... Weekly emails and reminders... Very very helpful!

Quoting MamaJane:

I think you have to keep in mind that all these people are volunteers and have day jobs. It is frustrating at times. The kids have to live it and it is really good for my son who is a little immature for his age. He's a bear this year.

Quoting crabbyD:

Quoting MamaJane:

• angieluvsolivia
    January 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM

My 6 year old is also a Daisy Scout!  She loves it!

• 2lilmamas
    January 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    Aww thats cool
  • Jynnifer292
    January 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM

My son was in scouts but the meetings were pretty lame, he hated camping, and didn't want to walk in any of the parades. lol No point to it for us really. Also, don't care for some of the policies.

Daisy and Girl scouts seems like it is run so much better all around.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts