Smarter Living

lizzig
so who will be a football widow today?
by lizzig
January 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM

with the last two playoffs game being played today who will be loosing their husband to the games?  who will be watching the games themselves?  my husband isn't a big american football fan but after the falcons win last sunday he's planning on meeting up with some friends to watch the game today with the 49ers. 

i have no interest in watching professional sports so the looks like the kids & i will be finding something else to do this afternoon.

Replies

• momofsixangels
    January 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Nope

• MichelleMc
    January 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Thankfully hubby isn't into football at all. ( or Hockey or baseball or basketball. Yay )

• lizzig
    by lizzig
    January 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM

that's essentially my hubby, though he will watch the spurs on occasion.  he's a big soccer fan though.  since the falcons are playing at home the whole city is in a tizzy.  i'm just glad he's going to a friends to watch the game rather than having to deal with all the guys here!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Thankfully hubby isn't into football at all. ( or Hockey or baseball or basketball. Yay )

• MichelleMc
    January 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

We used to all be huge NASCAR fans but once the points system came into play, it totally ruined racing. We like "hometown" racing. Otherwise, there isn't any sports he or I watch on tv. So its all good :) We do like to go to a Double A or Triple A baseball games once or twice a year. They are a lot fun. Or if I have a Zumba event at a basketball game half time show or baseball game ( did that for Pittsburgh Pirates & Cleveland Cavs ), then we will do that.

Quoting lizzig:

that's essentially my hubby, though he will watch the spurs on occasion.  he's a big soccer fan though.  since the falcons are playing at home the whole city is in a tizzy.  i'm just glad he's going to a friends to watch the game rather than having to deal with all the guys here!

Quoting MichelleMc:

• lizzig
    by lizzig
    January 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

zumba event?  do you perform at halftime or such?

Quoting MichelleMc:

We used to all be huge NASCAR fans but once the points system came into play, it totally ruined racing. We like "hometown" racing. Otherwise, there isn't any sports he or I watch on tv. So its all good :) We do like to go to a Double A or Triple A baseball games once or twice a year. They are a lot fun. Or if I have a Zumba event at a basketball game half time show or baseball game ( did that for Pittsburgh Pirates & Cleveland Cavs ), then we will do that.

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting MichelleMc:

• MichelleMc
    January 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

For the basketball game, yes we perform at halftime. For the baseball game, they shut down the street outside & we do a full zumba event with Beto himself & his Dj. It is a Party In Pink, so for Susan G Komen & breast Cancer Survivors. After the event, then we go to the game at the stadium :)

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting MichelleMc:

• lizzig
    by lizzig
    January 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

that's pretty cool!

Quoting MichelleMc:

For the basketball game, yes we perform at halftime. For the baseball game, they shut down the street outside & we do a full zumba event with Beto himself & his Dj. It is a Party In Pink, so for Susan G Komen & breast Cancer Survivors. After the event, then we go to the game at the stadium :)

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting MichelleMc:

• MichelleMc
    January 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Quoting lizzig:

that's pretty cool!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting MichelleMc:

Yeah tons of fun :) Hubby is so supportive. He comes & takes pictures plus hangs with me in before, in between & after :)

• angieluvsolivia
    January 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I will be watching with my husband.  I don't mind a little football!

• othermom
    January 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM

My husband has to work, but my kids want to watch the patriots game

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN