Smarter Living

MamaJane
Ok I really need to work out...
January 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I did "bop to the top" today with a friend. I've never done anything like this, not even a marathon. It's climbing 37 flights of stairs as quickly as you can. I'm athletic but I've fallen off the wagon lately and I've never been a runner. I thought that since this was short I'd be fine, I about died! It just was a reminder that I need to find the time and get back to it!

I did finish, which I was proud of, and my time was 13 min and 2 seconds. My friend did it in 8! The winner did it in 3!

Replies

• mom2aspclboy
    January 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM

37 flights? I'm exhausted just reading that. I do 6 flights twice a week in about 5 minutes (for school) and I'm gasping for air by the time I get to the top of the last flight (I know I need more cardio..ugh!). It's a good thing I've got a mile & half walk to my class afterward to get my breathing under control...lol.

Personally, based on my own experience, I'd say 37 flights in 13 min 2 sec is pretty d@*n good!

• mrswillie
    January 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    I would love to try it.
  • ceciliam
    January 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM

That's for sure! :)

Quoting MamaJane:

Amen to that. There always something to work on.

Quoting ceciliam:

I know how you feel! I've always been in good shape and work-out regularly but I was recently chosen to do a work-out with Jackie Warner and just about died. lol! At least it made me realize that I need to step it up!

• MamaJane
    January 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    Thank you very much and I will grab that complement and eat it up! Lol. And doing 6 flights, twice a week with a mile walk will have you in better shape in no time. You should time your assent at the end of the semester. I'd be curious.

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

37 flights? I'm exhausted just reading that. I do 6 flights twice a week in about 5 minutes (for school) and I'm gasping for air by the time I get to the top of the last flight (I know I need more cardio..ugh!). It's a good thing I've got a mile & half walk to my class afterward to get my breathing under control...lol.

Personally, based on my own experience, I'd say 37 flights in 13 min 2 sec is pretty d@*n good!

• Sophie4910
    January 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    Good job!
  • teesoloca
    February 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM

wow, that sounds hard core...good job

• amyjane22
    Amy
    February 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Wow!  I think that's a real accomplishment to get it done in 13 minutes. 

It would probably take me a couple days so I could nap...jk ;)

I bet your legs are really feeling it!

• MamaJane
    February 20, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    They weren't too bad. I've since started training for a half marathon so this really started me on a path.

Quoting amyjane22:

Wow!  I think that's a real accomplishment to get it done in 13 minutes. 

It would probably take me a couple days so I could nap...jk ;)

I bet your legs are really feeling it!

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN