Smarter Living

deedee3849
Anyone else trying to get healthy?
January 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM

What changes have you made to get healthy and fit?

What are your goals?

Replies

• Stevensmomma
    January 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM

W e are doing portion control and  moderation 

• GypsiSky
    January 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Questions are wonderful :)

As fruitarians, we eat lots of fresh fruits because we consider it the perfect food. It's already prepared for us. It supplies carbs which give us energy. Natural sugars which completely smash cravings for sweets and provides the glucose that the brain needs. We also eat savory and fatty fruits. Savory... Squash, tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers. Eggplants. Fatty... Avocados, durian (not for me, lol) and nuts and seeds, olives. Also, dark leafy greens of all varieties, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, corn, peas, etc. 

Quoting gemma458:

Let me correct my question,lol. I meant why mostly fruit? Thanks!

Quoting gemma458:

Good morning! Can I ask why no veggies? I have been trying to make diet improvements, something I'm always working on....: )

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

• deedee3849
    January 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Quoting GypsiSky:

As fruitarians, we eat lots of fresh fruits because we consider it the perfect food. It's already prepared for us. It supplies carbs which give us energy. Natural sugars which completely smash cravings for sweets and provides the glucose that the brain needs. We also eat savory and fatty fruits. Savory... Squash, tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers. Eggplants. Fatty... Avocados, durian (not for me, lol) and nuts and seeds, olives. Also, dark leafy greens of all varieties, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, corn, peas, etc. 

Quoting gemma458:

Quoting gemma458:

Good morning! Can I ask why no veggies? I have been trying to make diet improvements, something I'm always working on....: )

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

So, do you ever cheat and have chocolate cake? Do you allow any other foods for special occasions?

• deedee3849
    January 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Quoting BeachMommy07:

*raises hand* I actually lost 12 pounds since last year and I have lung issues and overall health issues so I'm trying to get healthy and better.

Great job on the weight loss!

• deedee3849
    January 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Quoting Juniper53098:

I started the GAPS diet on January 1st.  It heals and seals the gut, balances out the gut flora, and teaches you truly healthy eating habits.

Have you found it to be helpful?

• deedee3849
    January 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Quoting EbonySnow:

I'm eating better and got all the junk out of the house, doing yoga DVDs

Getting the junk out fo the house is key! What are the names of your favorite DVD's? My fave is 30 Day Shred.

• Juniper53098
    January 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I've lost 10 lb since 1/1 and feel really good.  My son is dealing with some detox issues, so can be very moody, but we've been through this before and know it is worth it in the end.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting Juniper53098:

I started the GAPS diet on January 1st.  It heals and seals the gut, balances out the gut flora, and teaches you truly healthy eating habits.

Have you found it to be helpful?

• Kainalu55
    January 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Me!  We need to get rid of the junk foods

• GypsiSky
    January 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Honestly, since becoming fruitarian, I have zero cravings for sweets. The majority of my day is spent eating sweet fruits. If I really really want something, like say a cracker, I will have it. But that really doesn't happen at all anymore. Since its not a diet, there are really no cheats, lol. As for special occasions, I can make anything in raw vegan form that my family eats cooked... From pizza to stir fry. But I'm no longer tempted by cooked foods so it's not really something I have to worry about... Anymore, lol. But I've been raw vegan for years, it wasn't always this easy, lol.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting gemma458:

Quoting gemma458:

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

What's fruitarian?

So, do you ever cheat and have chocolate cake? Do you allow any other foods for special occasions?

• suziejax
    January 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I am.

My goal is to work out at least 3 times a week so far I have done just that all the this past week due to being sick!

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts