ashleymosq
Grocery Shopping
January 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Everyone just loves to grocery shop right? lol. So how do you do it? Do you go by a budget? Shop around for the best deals? Does the grocery store you go to have a weekly sale on different items? 

Depending on how much I have to spend will depend on if I go with a budget. I only go to one store because they have the best sales and prices. The quality of the food is a lot better than other stores here too. Every Wednesday they have a new sales ad that comes out. You can go online and see what they have on sale and see some of the stuff they have in store that has in store coupons. My favorite thing is the meal deals they have. You buy the meat and get a bunch of other stuff for sides for free. Sometimes the meals suck lol, but when they don't, it is an awesome way to get a meal for a good price.

Replies

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    January 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM

That is cool. Wish we had farmers market places around here.

Quoting aubsmom09:

I get a basket of fruits and veggies from a local co-op and meal plan around what I get. 

• jconney80
    January 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    I plan meals then shop according to that.
  • jconney80
    January 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    I buy clearance organic produce from a special store and Amish raised chicken. Then get other things at Kroger
  • ashleymosq
    January 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I am really glad I don't too. It was so hard. It was do-able, but very difficult and I wasn't able to get the extras like I can now. Yes everything does look good when you go hungry lol.

Quoting GypsiSky:

Wow... I'm glad you don't have to do that anymore too. Oh gosh, I don't like shopping when I'm hungry... EVERYTHING looks good then, lol.

Quoting ashleymosq:

I used to have a budget of $50 a week for a family of 4 for food and household items. I am so happy I don't anymore though. I do go once a week though. I get what I feel we need or if I am hungry when I go, what I think looks good for when I get home lol. 

Quoting GypsiSky:

For the way I eat, I'd starve if I tried to eat on a budget, lol. My husband and kids dont exactly eat like me, but they don't have a budget either. We just figure out what we want and go get it. For me, it's weekly shopping. Fr them, it's bi~weekly for the most part.

• ashleymosq
    January 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I have the same problem with coupons. I might find one or two that are of what I get, but for the most part all I find are for stuff I don't use. Most coupons I use are the ones that are in store coupons that are taped to the items that I am already buying.

Quoting wandep:

We do not worry with coupons. Usually the coupons out there are nothing we purchase. :(

• ashleymosq
    January 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM

That is how my shopping is. I get the stuff to restock on what we need for the basics, then get what we need for the meals. I still need to do my meal plan for this coming week lol.

Quoting jconney80:

I plan meals then shop according to that.

• Stevensmomma
    January 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I clip coupons and I shop sales and Aldi for produce

• momma-flynn
    January 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I usually just buy whatever, but I have to be better about budgetting. I am forcing myself to start meal planning & shopping smarter. 

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    January 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Same here girl. I would use them if it was worth my time tho. Oh and the ones they do have you have to buy so many of the item to get only .50 cents off.

Quoting ashleymosq:

I have the same problem with coupons. I might find one or two that are of what I get, but for the most part all I find are for stuff I don't use. Most coupons I use are the ones that are in store coupons that are taped to the items that I am already buying.

Quoting wandep:

We do not worry with coupons. Usually the coupons out there are nothing we purchase. :(

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    January 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Love meal planning. The way I do it is I plan a weekly meal for supper. I don't do breakfast and lunch. Then if for some reason we aren't in the mood for say Taco Tuesday's we can change it to another night.

Quoting momma-flynn:

I usually just buy whatever, but I have to be better about budgetting. I am forcing myself to start meal planning & shopping smarter.