Smarter Living

Featured Posts
lizzig
? for those with a kindle fire
by lizzig
January 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM

we got our daughter one for christmas & the thing doesn't seem to hold a charge very well.  she'll charge it over night, have it turned on for like 15min the next day & it'll be down to 1 bar.  is this normal or should i take it back to the store?  i know some games & such eat up more battery than others but it seems to me that if it's charged over night it should last longer than 15min.

my husband has alwayshad an issue with his phone batteries, no matter what make he has they never seem to hold a charge long.  i joke with him he sucks the life out of them but i do know some people's "energy" can drain batteries, i used to work with a guy that could only wear the old wind-up watches because battery operated ones constantly died on him.  perhaps my daugter's the same way.

any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

Replies

• momofsixangels
    January 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Dont have one but heres a bump

• taz1993
    by taz1993
    January 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    Mine lasts a couple of hrs with an over night charge
  • Mami2oneboy
    January 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM
    Do you charge it the whole night ? Or just until it's fully charged?
  • HisUsmcWifey
    January 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM

We've not had that problem with Gianna's but we normally charge her's overnight. She plays it down till it's just about out of battery life and then I make her plug it in and when she gets up around 8 hours later it's fully charged and she can play with it for a good couple of hours before it needs to get plugged in. I'd say just to be safe take it back and see what they say.

• momkaribg
    January 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    Same here. I leave it on charge all night.

Quoting taz1993:

Mine lasts a couple of hrs with an over night charge
  • angelgrl5200
    January 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    id say take it back, i can get at least 3 hours of playing music and games and browsing the internet before it needing a charge!
  • LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    January 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    I don't charge it overnight.. But 15 minutes seems like it's worth taking it back...
  • JTROX
    by JTROX
    January 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM

My 8yo got one for Christmas and it holds a charge for at least a few hours or more.  

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    January 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM

this

Quoting angelgrl5200:

id say take it back, i can get at least 3 hours of playing music and games and browsing the internet before it needing a charge!

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    January 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I even left mine on last night and it still had a good charge on it. I'd take it back.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts