Smarter Living

Featured Posts
lizzig
do you have the kids......
by lizzig
December 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM

make any resolutions?

checking out posts here & in other groups got me thinking about resolutions & made me think perhaps we all should have at least one resolution/goal/change for the new year.  even the kids, well at least those that are school age, after all it'd be kinda hard to have a toddler make a resolution! ;o)

it could be anything from doing chores without being told to doing better in a class they've been having a hard time in this year.  improving stats (for those that are athletic) to reading more.  being more organized to eating more veggies.

if you are one to make new years resolutions yourself do you think you'll have your kids do so also?

Replies

• lizzig
    by lizzig
    December 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM

i'm typically not one for making resolutions myself but thought of one i could defintely do; trying out at least one new recipe a month.

i can think of a few that my 9yr old could make; listening better, practicing violin & doing homework without constant reminders, reading more. 

not sure about my 5 year old, though he does need to work on his letters & numbers, but that's something he can't do on his own.

think i'll chat with my daughter later about her goals for 2013!

• lasombrs
    December 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM

nope to little

• lyrick24
    December 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM

ive been thinking about this. my grandaughter lives with me and she is nine years old and doesnt have any chores. i am thinking of giving her a couple of chores to do this year.

• lizzig
    by lizzig
    December 30, 2012 at 1:13 PM

most definately.  they are never too young to help out around the house.  in our family we don't do "chores", hate that word, makes it seem like something hard to do.  instead it's simple family responsibilities/jobs.  things that need to get done in order to keep the family & home running smoothly. (& to keep mami from going insane doing it all ;o)  on that same note they don't get an allowance for doing their jobs either.  as adults we don't get paid for picking up after ourselves so why should kids?

Quoting lyrick24:

ive been thinking about this. my grandaughter lives with me and she is nine years old and doesnt have any chores. i am thinking of giving her a couple of chores to do this year.

• proudmommy690
    December 30, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    No
  • othermom
    December 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM

No they don't

• momofsixangels
    December 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM

No.I hardly ever keep mine so I dont expect them to

• LifeCafe42
    December 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    No DS is a toddler he wouldn't get it. Maybe when he's older
  • SammiBaby
    December 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM

No I don't make any and I'm not sure if the oldest is quite old enough to understand making and keeping a resolution.

• Jemia
    by Jemia
    December 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    No

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts