Smarter Living

Featured Posts
CoffeeTeaOrMoi
Eat, Drink and Be Merry
December 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

My family loves to eat. Both my husband and I love to cook and invite friends and family over to test out old and new recipes. The Holidays are the perfect time to whip up some delicious meals or bake up some treats to share. If you have food lovers on your list, surprise them with a few of these treats.

Tomato Sauce.  Frankly, this gift is so delicious; you should get it for everyone on your list. Who doesn't love good homemade tomato sauce? Due Cellucci tomato sauces are all-natural, made only from real, whole food, and are hand made in small batches so that every jar tastes like your Grandmother's special recipe. Choose from traditional tomato sauce, vodka sauce and tomato basil sauce. When life gets busy, this sauce is not only the perfect time saver but it makes it easy to put a healthy meal on the table for your family and/or friends.  A portion of the proceeds from each jar of Due Cellucci will go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  

Chocolates. A box of chocolates is always a hit. Epiphany Chocolates is dedicated to promoting women in small business and children's health and safety. With flavors such as Oreo Hunk, Party Girl, John Lemon, Queen B and more, there is sure to be the perfect bite for everyone on your list.

Popcorn. I love popcorn drizzled with melted butter. I also eat the entire bag of the caramel popcorn my Nana makes for Christmas-no I don't share it with anyone in my family. If you have a popcorn lover on your list, check out 479°'s Schoolyard Pop. 100 percent of the proceeds go to Urban Sprouts, a non-profit that plants edible gardens in urban public schools.

Olive Oil. Nudo, an olive grove in Italy, allows customers to "adopt" a tree in the grove (you can even pick out which section), and then receive a year's supply of olive oil from the tree you selected. Who doesn't need some quality olive oil, whether for cooking or to dip a crusty piece of Italian bread in?

Micro Greens. Every Holiday meal needs a nice salad to accompany it. Micro Green Kits come in a recycled steel box and contains a soilless growing medium, two full crops of seeds, a bamboo lid, and directions. The recipient of the kit will be sowing, sprouting, growing and harvesting their mini-field of salad in just 7-14 days. The veggie kit includes the following seeds: organic red acre cabbage, organic mini-carrots, and organic Tom Thumb peas.

I'm getting hungry writing this. Have fun shopping for the food lovers on your list and make sure you don't go shopping with an empty stomach.

What's on your wish list this year? Have you come across any new and unique food items while shopping? 

Replies

• cara124
    by cara124
    December 23, 2012 at 9:49 AM

That's a wonderful gift !

Quoting SweetLuci:

I gave a delivery of produce to a friend who loves to cook. It's called Front Porch Pickings and it's a farm to table deal. Organic, or local or raw or sal or fruit. Pretty neat.

• sukainah
    December 23, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I hope you feel better soon

Quoting timon95:

nothing this year. i have been sick and have not been able to eat much...soup and bread. i am not really craving anything big or fully certain that i can keep it down

• lasombrs
    December 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM

i havent seen anything new lately that i can think of

• momofsixangels
    December 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I love anything homemade

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts