AmyKuras
Smarter Style: Black Friday Battle Gear
November 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Black Friday is not for the faint of heart. If you're one of the shopping ninjas who was out at 5 a.m. this morning, you know this already, but if you're headed out later, heed this advice: Dress for battle.

Okay, not really, but you want to make sure you are dressed as comfortably as you can be.Here are some tips:

• Instead of a bulky coat that's going to make you too hot once you get inside (those stores are going to be warm with all the people in them), dress in layers: a t-shirt, long sleeved shirt, and then a fleece or sweater you can peel off and tie around your waist.
  • If you're waiting outside, keep your feet, hands and head warm...two pairs of socks, a hat, and gloves. If those are warm, you'll feel a lot warmer overall.
  • If you'll be trying on clothes, wear stuff that's easy to dress over like a close-fitting tank or tee under a sweater, and leggings. You don't even have to wait for a dressing room...just pop that shirt or dress over your head and check yourself out in a nearby mirror. Just don't forget to take if off again!
  • Flats, sneakers, or boots are the way to go...this is no day to show off your elegant footwear!

And whatever you do, don't be like this lady I saw one year. She had full hair and makeup, high-heeled boots....and PJ pants. Either commit to the PJ look or dress up, but don't do that!

What do you wear for Black Friday?

Replies

• AstuteMama
    November 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I usually don't go Black Friday shopping. I went one year when my 15-year-old was little and vowed never to go again because the other shoppers were just mean and nasty.

• hugss
    by hugss
    November 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM

We have been & had a great experience,
    We wore jeans & sweatshirts ;)

• lillucky8
    Jen
    November 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM
    I dont go shopping. I worked at jcp for a few yrs, ita awful. I prefer to stay home.
  • anotherandree
    November 23, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    I'll be wearing my jammies because I stay home and shop online! :)
  • momma-flynn
    November 23, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    We used to go black Friday shopping but not this year. Usually we go without a coat at all to make it easier.
  • bwsmommy
    November 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM

These are great ideas .. but since i didnt get to go i stayed in my bed till my 5 yr old woke me up at 7 this morning !

• Apr1l
    by Apr1l
    November 23, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    Online for me
  • momofsixangels
    November 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I have gone in the past and had so much fun.Except for the year I got hit in the  nose over towels.Lol

• powow65
    by powow65
    November 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    Tyvm for the info.
  • elasmimi
    November 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Or if you're like me and do cybershopping, pajamas and a cup of coffee.