Smarter Living

AmyKuras
Smarter Style: Black Friday Battle Gear
November 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Black Friday is not for the faint of heart. If you're one of the shopping ninjas who was out at 5 a.m. this morning, you know this already, but if you're headed out later, heed this advice: Dress for battle.

Okay, not really, but you want to make sure you are dressed as comfortably as you can be.Here are some tips:

• Instead of a bulky coat that's going to make you too hot once you get inside (those stores are going to be warm with all the people in them), dress in layers: a t-shirt, long sleeved shirt, and then a fleece or sweater you can peel off and tie around your waist.
  • If you're waiting outside, keep your feet, hands and head warm...two pairs of socks, a hat, and gloves. If those are warm, you'll feel a lot warmer overall.
  • If you'll be trying on clothes, wear stuff that's easy to dress over like a close-fitting tank or tee under a sweater, and leggings. You don't even have to wait for a dressing room...just pop that shirt or dress over your head and check yourself out in a nearby mirror. Just don't forget to take if off again!
  • Flats, sneakers, or boots are the way to go...this is no day to show off your elegant footwear!

And whatever you do, don't be like this lady I saw one year. She had full hair and makeup, high-heeled boots....and PJ pants. Either commit to the PJ look or dress up, but don't do that!

What do you wear for Black Friday?

Replies

• AstuteMama
    November 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I usually don't go Black Friday shopping. I went one year when my 15-year-old was little and vowed never to go again because the other shoppers were just mean and nasty.

• hugss
    by hugss
    November 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM

We have been & had a great experience,
    We wore jeans & sweatshirts ;)

• lillucky8
    Jen
    November 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM
    I dont go shopping. I worked at jcp for a few yrs, ita awful. I prefer to stay home.
  • anotherandree
    November 23, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    I'll be wearing my jammies because I stay home and shop online! :)
  • momma-flynn
    November 23, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    We used to go black Friday shopping but not this year. Usually we go without a coat at all to make it easier.
  • bwsmommy
    November 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM

These are great ideas .. but since i didnt get to go i stayed in my bed till my 5 yr old woke me up at 7 this morning !

• Apr1l
    by Apr1l
    November 23, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    Online for me
  • momofsixangels
    November 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I have gone in the past and had so much fun.Except for the year I got hit in the  nose over towels.Lol

• powow65
    by powow65
    November 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    Tyvm for the info.
  • elasmimi
    November 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Or if you're like me and do cybershopping, pajamas and a cup of coffee.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN