Samanthamommy
Controversial topic- please keep clean
November 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I have an essay to write on my view points on my belief on gay marriage. For this, I need some unbiased view points of others. 

Hopefully we can keep this respectful, but is there a way you ladies can help me out by just giving me a reason you believe one way or the other? 

Thank you so much! 

Again, please please please keep this clean/no fighting, it'll really help me out on my paper.

Replies

• EbonySnow
    November 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I don't know if my opinion will help you or not but I'll share anyway :)

I may be one of the few people who actually does not have a stance on it whatsoever. Its a very polarizing issue but I don't have a strong vieweither way. I'm not specifically against it nor am I specifically for it. I'm not morally against it as I'm not part of any of the religions that are. But I don't care enough to be for it. Ultimately its just not an issue I personally care enough about to get all upset either way. I know people will hate me for that but it is what it is.

• arthistmom
    November 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM

What is your personal perspective on the issue of gay marriage? And for what course is this paper? Just curious.

• keeckhardt
    November 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    My personal opinion is that the government needs to step away from gay marriage. A family of 2 moms or dads deserves the same benefits my family has.

Do I believe gay marriage is right religiously? I can't exactly say I'm for it, but I'm not the one who will judge or be judged when that day comes. Honestly, I grew up with a next door neighbor that is now openly gay, but I don't love him any less. What he does is his business, not mine.

Hope that helps.
  • MamaJane
    November 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Ditto :) I am part of a religion but I still just don't care.

Quoting EbonySnow:

I don't know if my opinion will help you or not but I'll share anyway :)

I may be one of the few people who actually does not have a stance on it whatsoever. Its a very polarizing issue but I don't have a strong vieweither way. I'm not specifically against it nor am I specifically for it. I'm not morally against it as I'm not part of any of the religions that are. But I don't care enough to be for it. Ultimately its just not an issue I personally care enough about to get all upset either way. I know people will hate me for that but it is what it is.

• ethans_momma06
    November 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I believe that regardless of my religous views (whether for or against) that the US should allow it as we are a free and secular nation.

• EireLass
    November 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I don't care one way or the other.

• koolkidsmom
    November 21, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I've worked with a lot of gays and if they want to be married to make decisions about health care and things like that, I'm for it.  God will judge them not me.

• koolkidsmom
    November 21, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I wonder why God made them that way if it's so wrong. they do have an extra chromosone or something. 

• koolkidsmom
    November 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Personally I don't like to see them fawning over each other but it's not my business to judge.

• SarahSuzyQ
    November 21, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    I believe in the separation of church and state, that no one religious group should use their beliefs as grounds to dictate right and wrong for the whole country. In my mind this applies to a whole host of issues, including same-sex marriage.