Smarter Living

Featured Posts
Punkie74
I'm totally disappointed :-(
October 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM
My 13 year wedding anniversary is Tuesday. My husband texted me on my way home from work to be ready at 5:30 and wasn't telling me where we were going. I got all excited! Well I get home and showered and discover he has the kids dressed in their "sunday best." Yup, no sitter... He has planned to take our two children to our anniversary dinner. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they are 5 & 3 and not the most fun to take to dinner since I spend most of the time taking someone potty or reminding them they have inside voices. I won't lie, I'm totally disappointed, I was excited to be getting a date night :-(

Replies

• boshs1andonly
    October 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I'm sorry, I understand your disappointment. Dh insisted on taking dd to his birthday dinner, even though I said it was a bad idea (she was 6 months). We ended up having to leave early because she kept fussing, and most of the time we were there, i was holding her while trying to eat. So I totally get what you're saying. 

• Punkie74
    October 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    It's a little extra disappointing too because this is my only "celebration day" left. I brought my daughter home from the hospital on my birthday and my son home on Mother's Day. So "my" days get more or less lost in the kid's birthdays.
  • SarahSuzyQ
    October 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    Maybe some time down the road you can let him know how special adults-only date nights are to you? From what you shared, it sounds like he really tried... Even getting the kids all ready. Just missed the mark. :-\

I'm sorry momma! Happy anniversary anyway!
  • EireLass
    October 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Why doesn't he do potty time, lower your voice time, etc? Why are you always doing it? Tell him they can only go if he's willing to take over the dinner time parenting....you're not in the mood.

• 2lilmamas
    October 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Maybe some time down the road you can let him know how special adults-only date nights are to you? From what you shared, it sounds like he really tried... Even getting the kids all ready. Just missed the mark. :-\

• JZB
    by JZB
    October 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    At least he got them ready
  • momofsixangels
    October 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    Awww hope you have a good night anyways
  • Punkie74
    October 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    I keep telling him I don't enjoy special dinners with the kids. For some reason it doesn't sink in. Ugh! Over all he's a really great guy and tries really hard but for some reason this and put your clothes IN the hamper not in front of it just doesn't sink in!!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

• Punkie74
    October 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    We tried that on Mother's Day... It was not a success... Dad is not the best at getting them to mind... They know he's a softy!

Quoting EireLass:

Why doesn't he do potty time, lower your voice time, etc? Why are you always doing it? Tell him they can only go if he's willing to take over the dinner time parenting....you're not in the mood.

• proudmommy690
    October 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    :/ im sorry

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts