Smarter Living

Apr1l
rethinking a fake tree
by Apr1l
October 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM
We always buy real trees for.christmas but I've been looking at these fake ones and they're looking better and more real.

Replies

• inmybizz
    October 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM

we did real until i figured out my daughter was allergic to them..Now we only do fake trees.

• lil_mama06
    October 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Had fake ones growing up. Prefer the real ones. But if that's what you like, go for it. 

• JasonsMom2007
    October 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    I used to say that but then I found out my son is allergic to trees so fake it is.
    there are certain advantages to it but I miss the real tree smell.

Quoting Leelee1008:

same here! I have always said a fake tree will NEVER go in my home as long as im still alive and kickin.

Quoting Eviesmommy:

Quoting lasombrs:

i like the smell of real ones

Me too. I grew up with a real tree every year. I couldn't imagine doing it any other way.

• onecuteladybug2
    October 14, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I have to have a fake one due to allergies.

• mrswillie
    October 14, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    We use a fake one
  • PoehlerBear1983
    October 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    Cant do fake. I love the tradition of wandering field after field of christmas trees to find the perfect one. It just wouldnt be the same to wander aisle after aisle in walmart lol
  • mom2jessnky
    October 14, 2012 at 7:48 AM

I have a fake tree, prelit. I like it.

I can't smell pine (totally desensitized to it, because of my hometown), and I'm paranoid about real trees catching on fire, which I know is rare but it still wigs me out. PLUS I don't have to vacuum 800x a day, I love my Dyson don't get me wrong, I just don't want to waltz with it that much. 1x a day should really be sufficient for vacuuming.

• mes_deux_amours
    October 14, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    They never look as good in my home as in the store. The last prelit I had also only worked the first year, after storing it I managed to break the lights :/
  • mes_deux_amours
    October 14, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    I will have real this year :)
  • fraujones
    October 14, 2012 at 8:07 AM
    We have one. I do love the real ones though.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts