Smarter Living

Apr1l
rethinking a fake tree
by Apr1l
October 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM
We always buy real trees for.christmas but I've been looking at these fake ones and they're looking better and more real.

Replies

• thehickinhickor
    October 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM

we plant a tree every yr i do not trust a real one in door unless it's alive. we buy one in a pot and use it to hang some little hand made things no light on it. then new yrs day we plant it some where either at a friend or our house. i feel it's a good start to the new yr to give back a tree 

• aubsmom09
    October 14, 2012 at 11:22 AM

We love our fake tree!  We got one for super discounted after Christmas one year.  I do miss cutting down our own tree and the smell of a real tree.

• VintageWife
    October 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    I hate real. My parents always get them and I hated looking for one. The poor tree took all that time growing just for someone to come cut it down, put some crap on it and then discard it when it wasn't looking pretty enough anymore. I don't like the idea.
  • Hottmomma607
    October 14, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    Pssstt Santa will still come down the chimney even for a fake tree!
  • VintageWife
    October 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I forgot to say we have a nice looking fake one and also, I don't mind when people buy potted ones to decorate and then plant.

• mamadee1971
    October 14, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I've had my fake tree for at least 5 years,now, but I prefer a real tree, because I love the smell of pine and I miss the tradition of going to the countryside and picking out trees, at one of the tree farms.

But now, I'm thinking about getting a real tree...especially now that we're living in my childhood home.  I gotta find that pretty tree-top angel.

• hugss
    by hugss
    October 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Love our fake tree :)

• daerca574
    October 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I have a fake 7.5 ft tree and I love it.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN