Threes.Company
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta
October 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

This went over really well with my kids! Since I dove into the world of crock pot cooking a few weeks ago, my kids have been missing their "kid friendly" staples... like mac 'n' cheese. But, now that I am trying to commit myself to healthier, less-processed eating, I didn't want to cook your typical, boxed mac 'n' cheese. I saw this and thought it would be a great way to appease my kids and let them have something similar to the dish they love so much.

This dish does have vegetables mixed in (celery, onion, green pepper) along with mushrooms. Those can be changed out with other vegetables, if you don't like those. Or, you could simply leave it out if you wanted. The chicken balances out the meal with some protein. My kids really liked this dish. My daughter cleaned her plate and my pickiest child ate 75% of his (for him, that is a LOT!). I call that a WIN!

It is a thicker dish, of course... Anytime you have cheesy food, that will be the case. You don't want it watery! But, it is not overly heavy like other dishes I have tried. This was the perfect balance. I will make this again for sure.

Here is the recipe:

http://krzmomcrockpotcatalog.blogspot.com/2012/10/cheesy-chicken-pasta.html

Replies

• mom2twingirl797
    October 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    Oh my! This looks really yummy! Thanks for posting. I <3 my crock pot!
  • Threes.Company
    October 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    Sure! It was really good!!!

Quoting mom2twingirl797:

Oh my! This looks really yummy! Thanks for posting. I <3 my crock pot!

• lil_mama06
    October 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    Looks great. Yumm
  • SammiBaby
    October 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Oh this looks super good!

• LifeCafe42
    October 10, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    Yum looks great!
  • keeckhardt
    October 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM
    Looks yummy!!!