SammiBaby
Gift Question (wedding related)
October 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Pretend you're a bride to be, (unless you are which congratulations!), and you're at your bridal shower. What would be your thoughts about a gift of a handmade brooch bouquet?

Back story, a family member of mine that I'm very close to is close to being engaged (he's said already it's going to be happening soon), something I thought would be a really neat and thoughtful idea was to make her a handmade brooch bouquet. She likes them a lot but the biggest issue is that buying premade ones from sellers are HUNDREDS of dollars. However, I know how to make them and would love to make her one. 

I just know don't how a bride to be would respond to the gift. So would you like the gift or not? Please be honest. I can't really give any exact pictures considering each one is special and uniquely different but for those that do not know what they are I'll post a picture of one I've found online.

Replies

• bwsmommy
    October 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    I think it would be pretty neat !!
  • SammiBaby
    October 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I keep figuring she's going to pay a nice pretty penny for a real flower bouquet that will not last forever. This is someting that she can hold on to forever and even pass down to a daughter if she ever has one.

Quoting bwsmommy:

• bwsmommy
    October 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM
    I agree it would be a great keepsake !!

Quoting SammiBaby:

I keep figuring she's going to pay a nice pretty penny for a real flower bouquet that will not last forever. This is someting that she can hold on to forever and even pass down to a daughter if she ever has one.

Quoting bwsmommy:

• EireLass
    October 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM

The picture shows as if the bride is carrying it down the aisle. Is this what your person is planning on doing? If not, and that's what they're specifically for, I would consider it an intrusion on her wedding plans.

• Hottmomma607
    October 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    I think its gorgeous. But I agree witb EireLass if that's not her plans then no.
  • dusky_rose
    Sue
    October 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM

That is really pretty, but is it for the wedding? I think that I would give her a gift certificate saying you will make her one for the wedding with her input if so. I'm thinking wedding colors and such.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    October 9, 2012 at 1:13 AM
    I'd offer, but keep in mind she may not want it.
  • periwinkle163
    October 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I think that would be a thoughtful gift even if she doesn't use it for her wedding.

• AstuteMama
    October 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I think that is a really great idea. I know if I was a bride to be I would love to get such a thoughtful gift asa handmade bouquet.

• Kainalu55
    October 9, 2012 at 5:13 AM
    looks beautiful. Not really my taste though. I think you should talk to her and offer to make one then work around her style and colors, etc.