Wish2Be
$50 - $75 a Week?
by Wish2Be
October 4, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Okay ladies...I have a very serious question.

My available funds per week will range from $50-$75 a week for grocery and non-grocery items ( like paper towels, toilet paper, tampons, diapers, etc ).

Is this possible to live off of?

We are a family of 3....2 adults (one with dietary restrictions - basically all he can eat is meat and veggies ) and my 3 year old son.

Any tips or ideas? ( we already use coupons ).

Thanks!

Replies

• jendawn1
    October 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    Have one night a week leftovers
    Spaghetti is always a cheap meals
    Buy in bulk like one week get chicke next week get beef.
    Buy store brand
    Make a plan
    Gl
    I had to bring ours down to 80$ and I'm still not there yet.
  • brownhoney21
    October 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Do you have room for a flower pot garden in your house.

• elasmimi
    October 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I hate to be depressing, but if someone can only eat meat and veggies, this is going to be difficult. My hubby is doing Atkins diet and my grocery costs have gone up a lot. I would agree with earlier post about paper products, and you can save a lot by making your own cleaning supplies. Coupons don't help much with meat in my area. I guess people do what they have to do, and I wish you lots of luck.

• slw123
    by slw123
    October 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM

It's possible, but you are going to have to do a lot of preplanning to make it happen and on some items you will only buy them when they are on sale.  Lists will be your friend.

• tyfry7496
    October 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    You said your child is 3 and in diapers? Time to potty train and save a lot of money there.

I have found shampoo cheaper at Walmart than the dollar store.

I don't see it being done. I spend $50 a week for just my son and I for groceries--food only. Paper and cleaning products are separate.
  • teesoloca
    November 19, 2012 at 3:20 AM

there are some great ideas