Smarter Living

HeatherNYC
Smarter Style: Show Your Team Spirit Tastefully
September 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM

In case you are wondering, yes, we have a theme going on this week: football. Such a part of many of our lives - whether it is NFL or NCAA, there are fans...and then there are FANS. Now some of us may really want to show our team sprit but run up against obstacles, like you look horrid in cardinal red or cannot stand golden rod yellow with your skin tone. What is a fan, er, fanatic to do to show her team spirit yet doesn't want to dress in head-to-toe orange (thanks, Syracuse)? Here are some ideas:

-- Nail the spirit. Paint your nails in team colors...alternate every nail orange and blue or do one hand blue and one hand orange, blue with orange polka dots, you have so many options! And did you know they actually make sets for most teams? Really!

-- Tie it up (hair that is). Instead of head-to-toe colors, add a pop of team sprits in your hair, with a scarf of the team colors tied around a ponytail while you wear a lovely white or grey top. Or look at this hair twist with a logo. Easy and classy.

--  Bling it out. When in doubt, add jewelry. They have cute bauble bracelets or stud earrings for almost every team. A perfect way to be a fan without painting your face.

How do you show your team spirit? Do you love a team but hate their colors? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/I've_Not_An_Available_Name    

Replies

• SarahSuzyQ
    September 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I have a LOT of Jayhawks shirts and sweatshirts... I do not hide my Kansas pride! (Though it has more to do with basketball than football.)

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    September 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM

We usually just wear sports decor when going to a game or when we are watching one on tv!

• Hannahsmommy816
    September 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

i have a shirt and some hoodies....OSU!

• heydooney
    September 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I don't have a favorite team. my hubby just wears his bears hat.

• lasombrs
    September 20, 2012 at 6:52 AM

I just wear a shirtshirt for them or a tshirt. our colors are red white and blue for most of our teams. which is fine. and green and white for basketball which isnt bad and gold and black for hockey which is good too

• Juniper53098
    September 20, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I wear a team shirt.  I also have Packer earrings.

• mereinhart28
    September 20, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I don't have a favorite team, but I like these ideas!

• charlene_kyle
    September 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM

We do not watch sports but my son plays soccer and we where the team shirts.

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    September 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Usually just wear my FSU tshirt...GO NOLES! :)

• Madelaine
    September 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM

My t shirt or jersey

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN