by aneela
September 9, 2012 at 4:33 PM

http://my-shopping-addiction.oxygen.com/

Will YOU watch???

Oct 9th on Oxygen

Meet the Cast of My Shopping Addiction!
By Oxygen Editor
August 8, 2012

From an heiress who spends an average of $30,000 per month to a woman who packs her home full of products from the 99 cent store, this series will capture an intimate look into the lives of young people facing a crisis brought on by a dangerous addiction to shopping.  Viewers will witness what happens when their obsession causes their finances and lives to spiral out of control.  Meet the psychologists who help them get their lives back on track here:

Dr. David Tolin

David Tolin, Ph.D., ABPP, is a board-certified clinical psychologist and the President-Elect of the Clinical Psychology Division of the American Psychological Association. He is the founder and Director of the Anxiety Disorders Center at The Institute of Living and an Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Yale University School of Medicine. A leading expert on cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety and compulsive disorders, Dr. Tolin is the recipient of awards for both Distinguished Contribution to the Science of Psychology and Distinguished Contribution to the Practice of Psychology from the Connecticut Psychological Association. Since 2003, he has served as a principal investigator and scientific reviewer for the National Institutes of Health.

Dr. Tolin is the author of over 100 journal articles and book chapters.  His published books include "Face Your Fears: A Proven Plan to Beat Anxiety, Panic, Phobias, and Obsessions” and “Buried in Treasures: Help for Compulsive Acquiring, Saving, and Hoarding.” He has been a recurrent guest on programs such as “The Dr. Oz Show” and “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”

Dr. Ramani Durvasula

Dr. Ramani Durvasula (“Dr. Ramani”) is a licensed clinical psychologist and Professor of Psychology at California State University, Los Angeles. Dr. Ramani completed her undergraduate degree in psychology at the University of Connecticut and completed her doctorate in clinical psychology at UCLA, followed by clinical training at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute. The American Association of University Women awarded her the 2003 Emerging Scholar Award and she received the Outstanding Woman Award from California State University Los Angeles. She is the past chair of the American Psychological Association’s Committee on Psychology and AIDS and the Vice Chair elect of the APA’s Committee on Women and Psychology. Recently, Dr. Ramani has conducted research about the role of mental health in the media. Her teaching encompasses a wide range of topics including introductory psychology, psychopathology, research design, health psychology, clinical psychology, assessment, and substance use.

Dr. Ramani has been featured on Good Morning America,” “The Dr. Oz  Show,” “Dr. Drew’s LifeChangers,” “Anderson,” “Nancy Grace” and “E! True Hollywood Story.” Her work and expert opinion has been cited in numerous media outlets including Marie Claire, Glamour, Maxim, Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, New York Daily News, Self, Redbook and Allure. Additionally, she is an expert contributor to WebMD, Sharecare and the women’s website ChickRx. Dr. Ramani is a member of Dr. Oz’s Advisory Board, as well as the Advisory Board of the Ganley Foundation.

Replies

• Hottmomma607
    September 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    Never heard of it?
  • proudmommy690
    September 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM
    nope not watching lol... but holy hell $30,000 at a 99cent store?? crap! they dont have that much stuff!!
  • aneela
    by aneela
    September 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM

it starts on oct 9th :P just asking if ppl will watch...i think i will take a peek to see the madness LOL

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Never heard of it?

• aneela
    by aneela
    September 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM

IKR....total madness

Quoting proudmommy690:

nope not watching lol... but holy hell $30,000 at a 99cent store?? crap! they dont have that much stuff!!

• Juniper53098
    September 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I won't watch it, but I know someone who should be on it - my SIL.

• aneela
    by aneela
    September 9, 2012 at 5:25 PM

oh no....sorry....hope she gets some help and stops

Quoting Juniper53098:

I won't watch it, but I know someone who should be on it - my SIL.

• critter_boo
    September 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    No it was one lady who spends 30,000 a month . Then another lady who fills her home with 99 cent items

Quoting aneela:

IKR....total madness

Quoting proudmommy690:

• AstuteMama
    September 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I haven't heard of this show before. It does sound interesting though.

• slw123
    by slw123
    September 9, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Haven't heard of this one.

• Wish2Be
    by Wish2Be
    September 9, 2012 at 7:58 PM
    I didn't know about this show until I saw this post!