Smarter Living

jconney80
Do you let your kids listen to any kind of music(
August 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Are you strict about what your kids listen at? Do you have any restrictions? What kind of music do you let them listen to?

Replies

• Juniper53098
    August 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM

They only listen to music in the car.  I usually listen to Contemporary Christian music.  DH listens to a station that plays older ballads mostly, or old '80's CDs.  It is pretty "safe" music.

• ajrjj05
    by ajrjj05
    October 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM

young wild free by wiz khalifa and snoop dogg  (you tube it)

is my son's favorite song! he is 8!! Yeah.. :) He has good taste!

• angieluvsolivia
    October 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM

My kids listen to it all.  I don't censor.

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    October 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    Top 40 stuff they love "Dynamite" by Tao Cruz
    Oldies
    They have chipmunks and imagination movers CDs of their own and they love them
    I made a children's station on my pandora for then with mostly Disney music
  • Threes.Company
    October 10, 2012 at 12:59 PM

My kids are young.  They don't really process the meaning behind lyrics right now.  They listen to country with us a lot.  I let them listen to edited pop music, too.

• SavdNSanctified
    October 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    I'm very strict by today's terms. No Nicki Minaj or Lil Wayne garbage. If there's a curse word or an obvious drug/sex reference anywhere in the song then it's not allowed. At one time in history, that was just common sense. Not these days though.
  • sweetpea1269
    October 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    My sons listen to whatever, they're old enough to decide what they like. My daughter likes when we sing, doesn't matter what it is. She's 8 months.
  • Rushn311
    October 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM

My kids listen to whatever...they know  what are bad words and they can't repeat them.

• KelliansMom
    October 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    We listen to radio edits of music. My son is a music nut. He really loves to sing and feel the beats. I try to keep our range of music large. But we do listen to country in the mornings on the way to school since they morning talk radio is a bit more family okay ten the other stations.
  • MamaJane
    October 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    My kids are a bit older. As long as it is radio edited it's fine. They prefer older music. My daughter loves hair metal and other types of metal. They all hate pop and country which thrills me.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts