Smarter Living

CafeMom Team
'Work It' for Back To School: Top Fall Trends for Boys
August 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM

This Back To School season is not about shy neutrals.  It's about getting noticed with laid-back confidence. The 'look' is created with standard graphic t-shirts paired with button-up plaid shirts or graphic hoodies for a relaxed style with a hint of edge.  Start by combining high-contrast colors and prints that will give off an eclectic 'I just threw this on look.'  Don't be afraid to mix and match – this trend gives extra points for taking risks.  Complete the look with some accessories your boys will thank you for-- like headphones for the bus ride and a skateboard for afterschool – all brought to you by Kmart's stylish and affordable Back To School collection.

1 Boys Graphic Hoodies  2 Headphones  3 Boys Graphic Tees  4 Boys Denim  5 Boys Flannel Button-Downs  6Boys Shoes

Your boys will obviously live in denim—that's one trend that's not likely to change anytime soon.  Look for super-dark or gray wash jeans in keeping with Back-to-School’s bold color scheme.  On the other hand, chinos in gray, khaki or black readily meet standard school dress code requirements.  
Lastly, backpacks, hats and some light accessories are also a great way to ensure that his look will be unique and all his own.  Remember: the key is for him to have the 'of-the-moment-look' that makes him ultra-confident, but also showcases some of his own personal style.

1 Boys Graphic Hoodies  2 Boys Denim  3 Skateboards  4  Boys Hats  5 Backpacks

Shop All Back To School!

WHICH OF THESE LOOKS COULD YOU SEE YOUR SON IN ON HIS FIRST WEEK BACK?

Replies

• midnghtsprnkle
    August 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

this

Quoting proudmommy690:

dont have boys...but wouldnt buy that stuff if i did.

• LifeCafe42
    August 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM

thank goodness ds is 2 so he is happy with his thrift store finds

• Supervane
    August 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    I have the hardest time shopping for my God son and nephew. I always feel so conflicted when shopping for boys
  • Charizma77
    August 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    My son wouldn't wear any of it. He has sensory issues so mainly wears sweat pants or other sporty pants and cotton t-shirts.
  • mommythree0508
    August 7, 2012 at 1:44 AM

uniforms here

• fraujones
    August 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Cute. I don't have a son, but if I did, I'd buy him those styles. 

• Rushn311
    August 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I am not digging any of these styles for my son

• othermom
    August 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Maybe the grafic tees and jeans. That is basically what he wears

• crabbyD
    by crabbyD
    August 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

My boys have to wear uniforms for school :/

• celestegood
    August 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    LOL my son too.

Quoting nana9106:

My grandson loves to look like he is 'rocking out' he would love all of that

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN