CafeMom Team
'Work It' for Back To School: Top Fall Trends for Boys
August 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM

This Back To School season is not about shy neutrals.  It's about getting noticed with laid-back confidence. The 'look' is created with standard graphic t-shirts paired with button-up plaid shirts or graphic hoodies for a relaxed style with a hint of edge.  Start by combining high-contrast colors and prints that will give off an eclectic 'I just threw this on look.'  Don't be afraid to mix and match – this trend gives extra points for taking risks.  Complete the look with some accessories your boys will thank you for-- like headphones for the bus ride and a skateboard for afterschool – all brought to you by Kmart's stylish and affordable Back To School collection.

1 Boys Graphic Hoodies  2 Headphones  3 Boys Graphic Tees  4 Boys Denim  5 Boys Flannel Button-Downs  6Boys Shoes

Your boys will obviously live in denim—that's one trend that's not likely to change anytime soon.  Look for super-dark or gray wash jeans in keeping with Back-to-School’s bold color scheme.  On the other hand, chinos in gray, khaki or black readily meet standard school dress code requirements.  
Lastly, backpacks, hats and some light accessories are also a great way to ensure that his look will be unique and all his own.  Remember: the key is for him to have the 'of-the-moment-look' that makes him ultra-confident, but also showcases some of his own personal style.

1 Boys Graphic Hoodies  2 Boys Denim  3 Skateboards  4  Boys Hats  5 Backpacks

Shop All Back To School!

WHICH OF THESE LOOKS COULD YOU SEE YOUR SON IN ON HIS FIRST WEEK BACK?

Replies

• midnghtsprnkle
    August 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

this

Quoting proudmommy690:

dont have boys...but wouldnt buy that stuff if i did.

• LifeCafe42
    August 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM

thank goodness ds is 2 so he is happy with his thrift store finds

• Supervane
    August 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    I have the hardest time shopping for my God son and nephew. I always feel so conflicted when shopping for boys
  • Charizma77
    August 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    My son wouldn't wear any of it. He has sensory issues so mainly wears sweat pants or other sporty pants and cotton t-shirts.
  • mommythree0508
    August 7, 2012 at 1:44 AM

uniforms here

• fraujones
    August 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Cute. I don't have a son, but if I did, I'd buy him those styles. 

• Rushn311
    August 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I am not digging any of these styles for my son

• othermom
    August 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Maybe the grafic tees and jeans. That is basically what he wears

• crabbyD
    by crabbyD
    August 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

My boys have to wear uniforms for school :/

• celestegood
    August 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    LOL my son too.

Quoting nana9106:

My grandson loves to look like he is 'rocking out' he would love all of that