Smarter Living

HeatherNYC
Smarter Style: Cute Wallets For Anyone's Style
July 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM

It is one of those things you don't really think about, yet we all have one. It gets used every day, probably many times a day. It holds our most valuable items (aside from our kiddos). The wallet. 

I need a new wallet. Right now, I'm using a decade-old zippered business card thingamajig, which is working ok, but I find myself shoving way too many receipts, coins, and random bits into it and struggling to zip it. Yes, time for a new wallet.

So many to choose from: different styles, needs, shapes, colors. Here are a few I rounded up, for a variety of moods, and all under $20. 

-- The Classic. Very Audrey Hepburn-Breakfast at Tiffany's-esque. Patent leather black, tri-fold with metal outer change area. Enough slots to hold all types of credit cards and sort receipts. From Forever 21 and only $10.80.

-- The Wild Side. Leopard print would make my all-things-cat-obsessed kiddo so happy to see in my bag. With a zip-around main compartment plus a button flap pouch, all of my needs are met. Meeeoooow! $10.50 at Wet Seal.

-- The Prepster.  This pink-and-white striped wallet is the epitome of summer prep. Plenty of room to stash everything all held safely in its place with a full zipper. At DSW for $14.94.

-- The Ritz. The quilted leather screams glitz - it comes in a variety of colors, including gold and coral. I'd probably stick with the black, but may be tempted to snag the pretty off-white...or both? $16.99 at Mango.

-- The Beaded Bird. Okay, so not your typical wallet, but definitely a cool and unique choice to hold that bank card and ID. The peacock motif is totally on trend, and you can always use it as a small clutch for date night. Rocks in at $16.80 over at ebags.

What does your wallet look like? Take a pic and show us! 

©iStockphoto.com/ kunjiang 

Replies

• Jukebox_Jenny
    July 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM
    Mine is boring.
  • letstalk747
    July 17, 2012 at 1:42 AM

cute , but too long for me

• heydooney
    July 17, 2012 at 1:51 AM

not sure what my style is. right now i have jack skellington with black and white stripes but it is getting really dingy. i'd like something cute and girlish but not glitzy.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    July 17, 2012 at 1:53 AM
    The beaded one is cute. My wallet is old and still works. Lol. It's turquoise with silver studs.
  • mereinhart28
    July 17, 2012 at 7:22 AM

mine is boring, old and I need a new one! lol

• midnghtsprnkle
    July 17, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I rarely carry a purse, so my wallet must be strong .

• lizzig
    by lizzig
    July 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM

can't take a pic but it's a small pinkish one with a cream flower on it.  not one i would have picked out for myself, my daughter picked it out for me.

• erienne06
    July 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    Love the one from DSW!

Mine is pink and black with roses
  • BeachMommy07
    July 17, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Very cute!

• mes_deux_amours
    July 17, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I need a new wallet, the one I have is falling apart.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts