It's hardly even worth it to wear makeup in this weather...everything seems to get sweated right off immediately, and even the driest skin gets a little oily when temps climb. If you must put some face on, though. here are some tips to avoid that oil-slick shiny look.
1) Skip cream and liquid formulas...use powder instead.
2) Avoid moisturizer if possible; use an oil-free one with SPF if not.
3) A silicone-based foundation primer will keep makeup in place.
4) Carry extra with you--even with these tricks, you will need to reapply.
5) Oil-blotting sheets are wonder products; you just press them against your skin and they soak up all the oil and sweat without wiping off your makeup like tissue would.
How do you keep makeup on and not shiny in the heat?
by dusky_roseJune 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I wish I could wear makeup sometimes, but I always have an oil problem.
by Rushn311June 29, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I am always shiny no matter what I do..I give up!
by LifeCafe42June 29, 2012 at 12:08 AMI don't wear makeup or I break out
by Flaca43June 29, 2012 at 8:43 AMI hardly ever wear makeup these days.
by GypsiSkyJune 29, 2012 at 10:39 AMI only use a tinted moisturizer... It works really well during the warmer weather.
by bether89June 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I don't wear makeup.
by momma-flynnJune 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I'm really picky about what moisturizer I use on my face & it helps with the oil problem. I can't go without any because I have combination skin & will get flaky, but I use one with SPF 15 in it every day.
by aneelaJune 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM
i hardly ever wear make up
by steelcrazyJune 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I always wear a powder foundation and during the summer months I keep oil blotting sheets and pressed powder in my purse for touch ups as necessary.
June 29, 2012 at 12:31 PMShe lost me at 'avoid moisturizer'. That's not good advice.