Smarter Living

AmyKuras
Smarter Style: 5 White Choices for Summer
May 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM

You probably grew up hearing this: "No white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day." That rule's been more or less tossed out in favor of dressing appropriately for the weather.....no one is going to give you the side eye for wearing white pants on an 85-degree day, even if that day happens in April, and if you live somewhere warm, the rule goes out the window entirely.

That said, summer weather is here and this weekend marks its unofficial start, so here are five white skirts and pants to get you started.

How cute is this white skirt with its blue edging? Very cute, and can be dressed up or down for work or weekends. (Lands' End, $120; sign up for their emails because they always have good sales and Kmart Shop Your Way points work here too!).

Nothing says summer chic like white capri jeans; you can probably even get away with these on a casual Friday at work with a nice top. (Kmart, $16.49)

White on the bottom can be tricky when you are plus-size; this raw-edge scooter is long and fitted enough that you won't look extra-wide on the bottom. (Lane Bryant, $54.95).

This crisp black-and-white nautically-styled mini would be adorable at an outdoor wedding with a black or silver top, or to work with a black cropped blazer. (White House Black Market, $70).

Linen pants are wonderful for summer and look nice ironed crisp or left a little wrinkly; these white ones  have a modern cut but will be stylish for years. (Loft, $69.50)

Which one is your favorite? And do you wear white before Memorial Day?

Replies

• MissyB1011
    May 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I don't wear white. I have 2 kids, so I can't stay clean.

• meam4444
    May 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM

No white for me with little ones..but I LOVE white!  I think it looks so classy!

• LilMissCupcake
    May 31, 2012 at 9:52 PM

i love white but its hard to keep clean

• critter_boo
    May 31, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    Nice I like those
  • wendums1229
    May 31, 2012 at 11:23 PM

i like them all and yes i wear white before memorial day lol

• Spaghetti_J
    June 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I just bought some cute white capri's from JC Penney! Love them, and have a cute navy/white striped shirt to wear with it.  It's a miracle because I'm 15 weeks 2 days, and found a great size that fits me perfectly.  I'm going to get a lot of use from them this summer :D 

My favorite of this group are the Linen Pants.  I would also say the Capri's, but I like mine better. :P

• Madelaine
    June 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Nice!

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts