Smarter Living

Featured Posts
HeatherNYC
Smarter Mom: Easy Ways to De-stress
May 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Who need a break? Okay, let me rephrase...who doesn't need a break? This whole mommy thing is pretty amazing, but on many occasions, it is tiring and frustrating. Add in everything else Life can toss at us, and we are an army of stressed-out moms.

Everyone de-stresses differently. You may love ice cream, while I may be lactose-intolerant and crave chocolate-covered pretzels. My husband loveslovesloves massages, but I can't stand them...they make me more stressed. Meanwhile, he cannot sit through any sort of fluffy romantic comedy on the Lifetime channel that does the calming trick for me.

Here are five great ways to calm, de-stress and knock down that anxiety!

Long bath -- Really, water and steam, some candles a good catalog or two and the worries just wash off into the tub.

Exercise -- Zumba or running six miles. Doesn't matter what you do, getting moving gets the stress to move out.

Dance party with the kids -- This may seem like an odd one, but turn up some awesome dance tunes and just let loose. Not only will it help you, it will tire out those kids, which means easier bedtime...which is a treat if I ever heard one.

Drink tea or hot chocolate -- Get some tasty warmth into your body. Soothing, calming, yumming (yes I made up that word).

Daydream -- When was the last time you stopped, put your head on a pillow and daydreamed. About anything...doesn't have to be big or small, just let your mind float where it wants to. Taking a break form planning and organizing and taking care of, well, everything for even a few minutes can do wonders for that stress level.

What is stressing you out these days...and how do you de-stress? 

©iStockphoto.com/ topshotuk

Replies

• aneela
    by aneela
    June 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM

music and good company helps me

• Dorah993
    June 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Talking to a trusted friend it can make me relax

Also being in aquite place alone

• nettieb1974
    June 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I hear you all! I feel REALLY stressed almost all of the time, and nothing I do seems to help! Then again, I don't really do much for me. I just wish that I could go away for a few days, all by myself!!! LOL Oh well, I guess that's my Daydreaming! Keep your chin up ladies, we are all in this together!!!

• ethans_momma06
    June 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I go for a walk.

• chiquis
    by chiquis
    June 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM
    Everything is stressing me these days. Reading or a bath.
  • alliesmom112
    June 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I try to take a few minutes while dd is having quiet time and just do nothing.

• Jerichos_Mommy
    June 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I am currently relaxed

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts