Smarter Living

Featured Posts
AmyKuras
Smarter Style: Brunettes Having a Moment
April 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Growing up in the 1980s, I always felt having brown hair like mine was not as special as being blonde or redheaded. All the hottest actresses were blond, and pretty much everybody I knew was dyeing their hair lighter.

Fast forward a bunch of years, and all of a sudden brunette is the hot hair color. Celebrities like Scarlett Johansson, who's been known for her porcelain skin and blond hair, show up on the red carpet with their locks dyed a rich chocolaty hue, and natural brunettes like Sofia Vergara, Kim Kardashian, and Anne Hathaway are beauty icons with their dark tresses. Dark hair lights up your eyes and skin tone like blonde just can't, I think. And a brunette dye job is a lot less likely to scream "fake!" than a bad blonde.

If you're thinking about going a little darker, choose a shade only a few steps down from your natural tone, and look for words like "warm" or "natural" on the box...or even better, go to a salon if youre really nervous.

Are you blonde or brunette...and would you consider switching?

Replies

• starreyedcutie
    April 29, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Brunette and wouldn't ever go blonde
  • millerbunch
    April 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM

i'm a brunette naturally.. right now i have reddish brown.. i dyed it couple weeks ago.. can't really see the red..  more like copper brown

• Rushn311
    April 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I am brunette. I have lightened it up before. I only go as far as blonde highlights, that works best for me.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts