AmyKuras
Smarter Savings: Lowest Prices of the Season
April 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

If you've been holding out on any kind of new stuff, this week would be a good time to mosey on over to Kmart (online or in person) because this week they have their lowest prices of the season on all kinds of goods that will make summer more fun.

Lots of flat screen TVs are on sale this week, including a Curtis 42-inch LCD 3-D TV, which comes with three pairs of 3-D glasses. That would make family movie night quite the event.

My favorites, though, are all the cool outdoor things. This Garden Oasis pergola is $359.99, which is a savings of $140 from its regular price. If you have a spacious yard without a lot of shade, this could really make for a nice little oasis on a hot day.

There are also lots of tables, chairs and umbrellas to get your patio ready to rock for the summer. I love, love, love eating and entertaining outside in the nice weather and am always on the lookout for stuff that will make that easier.

Several nice-looking grills are also on sale. I've always been a dedicated charcoal person, but as our kids get older and our lives get busier, waiting 20 minutes for charcoal to be ready to cook with gets old. I'm eyeing a gas grill now so we can get the enjoyment of grilling (not to mention avoid heating up the kitchen) without the massive time investment.

Do you prefer charcoal or gas? And will you be buying any new stuff for your yard this summer?

Replies

• MommyOK
    by MommyOK
    April 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM

we need some chaise lounges....

• besosfantasies
    April 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Ohmygosh I love charcoal but hubby loves propane better... we need a patio set! 

• amyjane22
    Amy
    April 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM
    We prefer the taste of charcoal, but the ease of propane.

We're looking to buy a swing this year.
  • BeachMommy07
    April 27, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Prefer gas, but if charcoal is lower price I will be investing my money in that to cookout on. I do plan on getting a table and chairs from kmart.

• Luvmybooskies
    April 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I like gas because of the convenience factor lol. 

• mommyprice09
    April 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM

charcoal

• malexander2009
    April 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM
    We prefer charcoal! The only things we are going to buy for our yard is toys for our ds who is 16 months
  • maxswolfsuit
    Max
    April 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM

We have a gas grill. I prefer the taste of charcoal. But the ease of gas wins out. It still tastes great!

We need a new table for our patio set. The glass top of the old one shattered in a storm last year. I've been looking for a sale I can't resist and just haven't found it yet. 

• bergencounty
    April 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM

We have both, my guy tends to put too much lighter fluid on the charcoal, so now I prefer gas ...lol.

• jumpinjudi
    May 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM

This looks FUN!!