HeatherNYC
Smarter Fashion: 5 Kid Spring Wardrobe Must-Haves
April 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM

We just signed Kiddo up for camp...which got me thinking about summer clothes. Switching from her mismatched, knee-high Hello Kitty socks and boots to more appropriate, no-sock park sandals, getting some swimsuits and finding shorts that aren't too short on all on my to-do list.

Looking around the store windows, I'm seeing so many cute kid spring clothes. From warm-weather basics to this summer's hot trends, here's what I'm thinking about getting:

--  Hat. A must, right? But finding one that will stay on and that the kid will actually wear is a toughie. I like old school hats like this fisherman one in mini-version. The denim is neutral enough, it could work for boys or girls.

-- Water shoes. It is on the list for her camp as they swim everyday, but if you head to the neighborhood pool or the playground that has an elephant sprinkler, these are perfect for little feet.

-- Color. Color block and bright hues are huge for us big kids, but it seems to have dribbled down to the kids' area too. Big bold yellows and oranges are totally in this season, which makes my daughter super happy as yellow is her favorite.

-- Butterflies. These winged friends always pop up, but they are swarming tees and shorts and every other piece of clothing for girls lately. This jumper is so adorable.

-- Tie-dyed look. Great for boys or girls, this design is always hip and happening for summertime.

What is your go-to item for your kids in the warmer weather?

ŠiStockphoto.com/serafima

Replies

• besosfantasies
    April 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Basketball shorts and flip flops :) 

• jendawn1
    April 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM
    This year its not just hats and sunglasses my 2 year ols now requesting skirts and dresses!
  • amyjane22
    Amy
    April 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM
    Flip flops... And my ds LOVES muscle shirts.
  • BeachMommy07
    April 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I just love that lil' babies hat!

• Luvmybooskies
    April 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I love capris and sandals on my girls.

• Jerichos_Mommy
    April 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I need to go spring clothes shopping for the oys

• momofsixangels
    April 30, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    Flip flops all year here!