Smarter Living

lilahsmommie
I dont know if you remember.. (PIOG)
January 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM

A few months back I posted here asking you all to "like" the FB page "Help Paul find an Organ Donar"

I hope some of you do, because I now a lot of you DID in fact like the page...

Anyway... I wanted to updat you ladies.

I am so happy and greatful and relieved to say that he DID in fact find a live donor match!!!

The past few months have been so touch and go for him. He got an ecoli infection in his leg...it was sooo bad..

His transplant surgury is scheduled for Feb. 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CARING BRIDGE (if you want updates, to sign the guestbook/say something kind etc)

He is not out of the woods yet, there is still the surgury, and recovery etc. So If you ladies could keep him in your thoughts!

Thank you all so much!!

Oh, the donor, Kathy, is actually someone my SIL went to college with...she saw the fb and got tested! AMAZING!!!!!!

Replies

• mamivon2
    January 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I have been following his posts on fb and read yesterday I believe that they found a match... Thats great... I was thinking about this man a few days ago and wondering how he was

• bether89
    January 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I am glad he found a match.

• hfaddis
    by hfaddis
    January 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM

wishing the best of luck with it all!

• styler7
    by styler7
    January 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM
    Awesome
  • tayanddyl
    January 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM

awesome they found a match!

• 4kidz916
    January 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Quoting hfaddis:

wishing the best of luck with it all!

• lilahsmommie
    January 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM

He has had a rough few months with several hospitalizations. It was critical that he found a liver NOW..I am very thankful that he did! My whole family is very happy about it. The outpour of people wanting to be tested to see if they were a suitable match after the FB page was made was a little overwhelming. LUCKILY it did not take too many people being tested. For just the diagnostic to see if you are a match is soooo expensive! It is absolutely crazy. Thank you for following Paul. It made him very hopeful to see so many people "like" the page..to know that people cared.

Quoting mamivon2:

I have been following his posts on fb and read yesterday I believe that they found a match... Thats great... I was thinking about this man a few days ago and wondering how he was

• lilahsmommie
    January 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

ME TOO!!

Quoting bether89:

I am glad he found a match.

• tyfry7496
    That's great! Best wishes to him.
  • lilahsmommie

Thank you!

Quoting hfaddis: