Smarter Living

ashleymosq
Do you expect...
January 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Your DH/SO to get you something for Valentine's Day?

There are some women that expect to be gotten flowers, candy, jewerly, anything. I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. I am just curious.

I don't expect anything. I do admit that it is nice to get something though lol. I usually like a card and a date night type thing. 

Replies

• Rain2Rinse
    January 22, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    Not necessarily for Valentine's day. When we started dating and discussed expectations and needs for our relationship, he assured me that he would give me materialistic things to compliment the emotional gifts he gives that shows his appreciation for me.

I don't expect it per se. I just know that it is coming. Not flowers or chocolate though. Hate those.
  • ashleymosq
    January 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM

If you know it is coming, does that ever take away the specialness of it? 

I think it is better if you don't know it is coming. Just something random he picks up because he was thinking of you.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Not necessarily for Valentine's day. When we started dating and discussed expectations and needs for our relationship, he assured me that he would give me materialistic things to compliment the emotional gifts he gives that shows his appreciation for me.

I don't expect it per se. I just know that it is coming. Not flowers or chocolate though. Hate those.

• ms.sophsmom
    January 22, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    I kinda do .. so is terrible though. He didn't do shit for our anniversary or Christmas n continues to spend on everyone else. I bought him hundreds of dollars in gifts... and not a single thing for me, or DD for tht matter, came from him. He's a lame "man" though.
  • cara124
    by cara124
    January 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM

hmm no i dont EXPECT stuff but its nice when I do get things.... havent been dating my current "friend" very long so i'm not looking for anything more than maybe a "happy vday" txt or email from him

• momkaribg
    January 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    We always go to dinner together so I guess I expect a night out with him.
  • tayanddyl
    January 22, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    I never expect it.
  • Rain2Rinse
    January 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    No. Every single time he gifts me with something, I think it is incredibly special. He doesn't just give giftsbon the holidays. He does it just because, on days that have no special meaning. He makes me smile all of the time! :)

Quoting ashleymosq:

If you know it is coming, does that ever take away the specialness of it? 

I think it is better if you don't know it is coming. Just something random he picks up because he was thinking of you.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

• kyledavidsmom
    January 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Same here

Quoting tayanddyl:

I never expect it.

• OliviaW.
    January 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Quoting tayanddyl:

I never expect it.

Ditto

• Jerichos_Mommy
    January 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM