Smarter Living

AmyKuras
Smarter Mom: Calendar Girls
January 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Staying organized can be tough, especially as the lovely holiday lull goes away and we're right back to craziness. I absolutely have to write every appointment, class, and deadline down, preferably in two places, or it doesn't get done, so finding a calendar system that works for me is key.

I've tried to figure out the whole iCal/Google Calendar thing and can't keep up with it. I ended up with a sort of Mom Calendar this year after I couldn't find the refills for the binder I use. It's laid out with a week at a time, with a line for each family member's schedule below mine.

The selling point for me? There's a slot beneath all the family lines for meals. I love being able to have that all laid out for the week, personally, although it feels pretty silly to have a line for the three-year-old since he pretty much goes where we go.

I have friends who live by the wall calendar with everyone's schedules laid out in color coded ink, and other people who seem to survive by a system of Post-It Notes and reminders from friends.

What kind of calendar do you use? How do you keep your family's activities straight?

Replies

• babyboxfish
    January 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I try to use all the online calednar/organizing apps but nothing beats sloppy scrawled lists and real paper calendars for me.

• Kainalu55
    January 12, 2012 at 4:41 AM

my goal is to be organized thia year...i need to get a calendar of some sort!

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    January 12, 2012 at 5:33 AM

I  use the one on my phone

• amy7243
    by amy7243
    January 12, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    I use a pocket calender that I write it all on. I also use the post it notes on my phone.
  • Strega
    by Strega
    January 12, 2012 at 5:58 AM

I have a Planner that I keep in my Purse.

• Mrs.Pool2Be
    January 12, 2012 at 7:28 AM

I don't use a calendar and if they have anything important coming up I just hang a reminder note on my refrigerator.

• mommyprice09
    January 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM

tfs

• daerca574
    January 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I use my google calendar for everything!

• chiquis
    by chiquis
    January 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    I don't use any but I should lol
  • erikays
    by erikays
    January 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    Google calendar and the one on my phone.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts